Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S7 EDGE UPDATES AND SUPPORT

Wrinklypear
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I received the latest upgrade to 7.0 yesterday.   It took a long time but when it finished everything seemed fine.  I used the phone all day until last evening when the phone suddenly started repeatedly rebooting.  I couldn't stop it, it got very hot and finally stopped when the battery ran down.  I plugged in the charger cable and switched on, then it started to repeatedly reboot again.  I managed at one point to get it into safe mode but couldn't do anything before it started to reboot again.  I've now removed the SIM and SD card and have a totally unusable phone.  

Anyone else experienced this or know a way to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

First try deleting the system cache. 

From the net..

"Wipe cache partition.

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
Release all of the keys.
Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
Press the Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device."

If no help then back up and factory reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that.  I had already seen this advice but I hadn't been able to use it as I couldn't switch the phone off.  I had to leave it until the battery died.  Then I connected the charger and went through the steps to switch on. I managed to clear the cache but when I rebooted it started doing exactly the same thing and I had no opportunity to do a factory reset. 
In the end I just let the battery die again and then connected the charger and let it fully charge overnight. 

I tentatively switched it on to that mode, and then rebooted from there.  Lo and behold it worked properly this time and booted.  As a precaution I uninstalled the two most recent apps (as I read somewhere that these could be the cause of the problem) and then rebooted.  That was about 3 hours ago and it is still running properly and the battery usage is about the same as normal. 
However, I'm not 100% convinced as it operated okay on Saturday for about 10 hours after the firmware update and then crashed.  So I'm keeping a close eye on it.
Thanks for responding, it was useful, but watch this space. 🙂

I had a similar problem when updating to nougat.

I did the download which seemed to go ok but on installation I got stuck in some mode tha I t could only navigate using two fingers and the guy in the shop said doing any reset could make matters worse.

And as my device was only weeks old I let Vodafone repair take care of it.

Of which they did

Although I think nougat is brilliant I still have minor issues which I am hopping the next software update will rectify and if not I'm going to have to hand it back to Vodafone to have a look or maybe Samsung