Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S8/S8+

prodigualson
4: Newbie

So is it normal that 2 days before the due delivery date, the order is still in stage 2?

53 REPLIES 53

have now had 2 tracking numbers and emails from dpd that are tracking as normal and on route to my local depot, vodafone tracking still on stage 2 , orchid grey and black s8 ordered on launch day 

I ordered on the 30th March for pick up in store and am still at Stage 2. Have had nothing from Vodafone, and when I chatted with them last night all they could say was that it could be ready for today but could not confirm if it would or not.  Shocking that they cant even say if its going to be ready on the promised date. Im going to go into the store today anyways, but without any confirmation from then prior to this I doubt I will be coming away with a handset.

JessicaTina
4: Newbie

Prepare for long message.... sorry guys... but this got my goat!

I've actually just got off the phone to the Vodafone advisor as my order is in stage two also and I thought it maybe a bit late to have not dispatched an order. 

I was aware that Samsung are definitely sending out the devices from today as I've spoken to them.

Speaking to the Vodafone advisor I was initially told at the beginning of the conversation that she could see I had preordered the device on the 8th April, but the S8 wouldn't be in stock until the 28th, only the S8+ would be delivered tomorrow. 

I quite loudly told her that this wasn't in the contract agreement I signed and that it states 'as you have ordered the device well before release expect delivery on or around 20th april BEFORE the 28th'. 

I had actually paid an early upgrade fee to get the Samsung s8; as my contract doesn't end for a little while. I told her I wanted this refunded as I don't have the device, and I told her I wanted the date that Vodafone had made the decision not to deliver the S8 to their customers in time stated, and why hadnt consumers been emailed this information? Was it before or after I signed the agreement? 

I was put on hold for 5 minutes and then told 'Excellent news, I've just spoken to my colleague and realised I'd misunderstood your question!'

She then told me she thought I was enquiring about preordering a device now? Which wasn't the conversation we'd been having for the last 10 mins. And as I ordered before they had stopped taking preorders (which was apparently 7 days ago) I  would definitely receive my device tomorrow via DPD. 

We will see... maybe she just wanted me off the phone! 

your experience is unfortunately typical from vodafone incompetent and totally stupid customer service agents. They lie, they don't understand anything and then they pretend they "misunderstood" your question. Typical. 

I got someone from the chat and he gave me a DPD tracking number but it doesn't work on the DPD website so I'm just waiting to see as I don't trust anything vodafone is saying. 

Yes. She first of all told me it was just the Orchid grey devices, and then I asked if I could change the colour of the device and still get it tomorrow (As the colour doesn't make a difference to me). She then told me it was all S8 colours and S8+ are still out for delivery tomorrow. 

It's ridiculous because she confirmed my preorder date at the start of the conversation so she definitely knew I wasnt enquiring to preorder a device now!! 

Changed her tune when I wanted my money back. But we will see. Not crossing my fingers. 

I've had the same issue with Vodafone today. My "status" is still at 2 and i ordered my S8+ on March 30th.

i've spent a lot of time today trying to get a sensible answer from Vodafone who basically said; "I may not get it tomorrow, I'll just have to wait and see" I couldnt understand this and tried to point out their promise which they advertised!

Shocking customer service with false promises. I am seriously considering cancelling.

I actually spoke to someone on live chat early this morning, who without taking any of my details told me the S8 wouldn't be delivered on 20th. That's why I called instead this afternoon to see if I could get a better answer.    And then to be told at the end of the call that it 'definitely' would be with me tomorrow. Just a waiting game. 

They will just get another phone call from me if it doesn't arrive. 

My order still shows "Stage 2" however I did receive an email from DPD saying that the phone will be delivered tomorrow. Have you received such an email yet?

I haven't received an email from vodafone or DPD yet. 

However, as I am a nagging women with nothing else to do this eve apart from watching GP's behind closed doors- I've just got off livechat for the 3rd time today. 

Someone checked my account and 'reassured' me that my order has been processed and I will 'definitely' receive the device tomorrow. 

you're not a nagging woman, you're a woman who agrees to pay good money for a service, as long as you DO receive the service you're paying good money for! Go girl!