Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+

Samsung S8/S8+

5: Helper

So is it normal that 2 days before the due delivery date, the order is still in stage 2?

View more options
53 REPLIES
17: Community Champion
View more options

no it doesn't!!! If it did, I wouldn't have asked my question!!!

The last 2 years VF stupidly handled the pre orders of S6 and S7 and a lot of people had their order on stage 2 forever and the delivery was missed because the orders were not processed correctly! So don't act as if I was the stupid one here who can't read! If you can't answer my question, then don't post anything, don't waste my time

View more options
17: Community Champion

Good luck getting any help with an attitude like that 

View more options

@prodigualson

Please speak to our Live Chat team if you'd like us to check the status of your order. 

View more options
11: Established Silver

Mine is still at stage 2 @prodigualson as well but as it comes next day normal by dpd I've chosen to leave it till tomorrow before trying my luck with live chat or 191 as they can be hard work to deal with (they don't listen to what your asking well most of them don't ) 

View more options

THANK YOU! At last someone who answers questions with simplicity

That's all I wanted to know, I wasn't sure other people already were on stage 3 or not.
Thanks a lot again for taking the time to reply.  

@Chazz: Would it have broken your fingers to just tell me that it was normal to be at stage 2 at this point in time instead of giving me a [Removed] and [Removed] answers of yours? What exactly are you good for?? 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
16: Advanced member Gold

With an attitude like that I am quite surprised you've got any were 

The guy can speak for his self yes I know.

but his TIME is valuable and all he does is help and advice to people on here all the time

I really wish I could fully speak my mind.

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

Latest update on chat

As per the latest update, the Stock will be available from 21st April, 2017 and the deliveries will immediately be started within 24 hours depending on first come first serve basis.

SKYMAN513 wrote:

With an attitude like that I am quite surprised you've got any were 

The guy can speak for his self yes I know.

but his TIME is valuable and all he does is help and advice to people on here all the time

I really wish I could fully speak my mind.

View more options

Just had Live chat with vodafone my package is in the process of changing over to my new package and i should have my new phone tomorrow the 20th April she also said that everyone that pre orded should start seeing some movement on there account last night or today and should get the phone that they ordered on time tomorrow via dpd 

View more options

Seems quite a few are stuck on Stage 2 as is mine. 

As it's next day delivery, I'm guessing it'll update throughout the day. The stock issues are worrying however. Fingers crossed. 

View more options

Thanks guys for sharing your experience. 

What @msurty wrote is worrying a little, is it not? No one talked to me about April 22nd at the earliest (April 21st + 24hrs), but April 20th. 

View more options

I still at stage 2 but vodafone live chat have just give me my dpd delivery number so possible looking good 

View more options

prodigualson wrote:

Thanks guys for sharing your experience. 

What @msurty wrote is worrying a little, is it not? No one talked to me about April 22nd at the earliest (April 21st + 24hrs), but April 20th. 

Vodafone has a quick turnover with phones. 

Having been a customer for 7ish years, they turn phone around pretty quick. I ordered a G4 at 4pm and got it the next day. 

I wouldn't worry too much about getting it tomorrow unless you preordered after April 12 due to stock issues. 

View more options

thanks

View more options
16: Advanced member Gold

from what I see your the only one having problems with this maybe you ordered to late.or some other reason 

View more options

SKYMAN513 wrote:

from what I see your the only one having problems with this maybe you ordered to late.or some other reason 

Has yours shipped then? 

View more options

Prepare for long message.... sorry guys... but this got my goat!

I've actually just got off the phone to the Vodafone advisor as my order is in stage two also and I thought it maybe a bit late to have not dispatched an order. 

I was aware that Samsung are definitely sending out the devices from today as I've spoken to them.

Speaking to the Vodafone advisor I was initially told at the beginning of the conversation that she could see I had preordered the device on the 8th April, but the S8 wouldn't be in stock until the 28th, only the S8+ would be delivered tomorrow. 

I quite loudly told her that this wasn't in the contract agreement I signed and that it states 'as you have ordered the device well before release expect delivery on or around 20th april BEFORE the 28th'. 

I had actually paid an early upgrade fee to get the Samsung s8; as my contract doesn't end for a little while. I told her I wanted this refunded as I don't have the device, and I told her I wanted the date that Vodafone had made the decision not to deliver the S8 to their customers in time stated, and why hadnt consumers been emailed this information? Was it before or after I signed the agreement? 

I was put on hold for 5 minutes and then told 'Excellent news, I've just spoken to my colleague and realised I'd misunderstood your question!'

She then told me she thought I was enquiring about preordering a device now? Which wasn't the conversation we'd been having for the last 10 mins. And as I ordered before they had stopped taking preorders (which was apparently 7 days ago) I  would definitely receive my device tomorrow via DPD. 

We will see... maybe she just wanted me off the phone! 

View more options

your experience is unfortunately typical from vodafone incompetent and totally stupid customer service agents. They lie, they don't understand anything and then they pretend they "misunderstood" your question. Typical. 

I got someone from the chat and he gave me a DPD tracking number but it doesn't work on the DPD website so I'm just waiting to see as I don't trust anything vodafone is saying. 

View more options

Yes. She first of all told me it was just the Orchid grey devices, and then I asked if I could change the colour of the device and still get it tomorrow (As the colour doesn't make a difference to me). She then told me it was all S8 colours and S8+ are still out for delivery tomorrow. 

It's ridiculous because she confirmed my preorder date at the start of the conversation so she definitely knew I wasnt enquiring to preorder a device now!! 

Changed her tune when I wanted my money back. But we will see. Not crossing my fingers. 

View more options