cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi Calling: Sound not being transmitted (caller cannot hear anything) on S8

4: Newbie

Thought I would start a thread specifically for this problem and to separate the issue.  It has been discussed on another thread, but the original thread was not for this (Here). Several others appear to be experiencing it too.

I have an S8 and have activated WiFi calling via my account settings.  My phone displays the WiFi calling icon when in range of a signal.  When a call is made using WiFi calling, the person connected to me cannot hear any sound, including voice and DTMF tones - it appears that the sound from my handset is not being transmitted.  I can hear the caller ok, its only the sound from my handset.  My phone works perfectly if not connected to WiFi calling.

I have tried the following unsuccessfully:

• Rebooted the phone
  • Turned off WiFi calling/Wifi Turned it on again!
  • Turned off Wifi calling in my account, waited several hours then turned on again.
  • Checked my router, WiFI calling is connecting to the internet and is not obstructed by any firewall.  The WiFi icon is displayed on my phone, therefore the phone is establishing a VPN for the WiFi calling service.
  • Connected to different WiFi hotspots.
  • Contacted live chat, who were not very helpful and advised me to contact Samsung!

I get the feeling that this is a backend problem with Vodafone, maybe the handsets require an update?

Any tech help would be appreciated, its frustrating as previously I was with EE and their WiFi calling worked flawlessly.

4 REPLIES 4

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established

Hi I found a solution like you when using wi-fi calling I get the phone symbol saying I'm on wi-fi calling but no-one can hear me.

So this is what I tried and worked was put phone in aeroplane mode reconnected to my wifi and made calls using wi-fi calling if you could try that and see if that works could you post on here please.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@200091

This is something that we're currently looking into.

Did you try the steps @Mimo2000 mentioned?

Thanks for the replies, yes I have tried the suggestion but unfortunately it is still the same.

Will you update this thread with progress?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @200091.

Once we receive any further information on this, we'll add this to the following thread.