Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

APN details for 3G Dongle

james5
6: Helper
6: Helper
I have a new 3G dongle. Works fine with laptop. However my Android tablet and my MIFI router are asking for more information than you give, i.e. username and password and APN. The Android tablet is asking for MCC and MNC and dial-up mode. It won't let me leave these fields blank. When I have searched Google and your site I get the APN username and password, but no further values. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

JohnA
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

MCC will be 234,MNC will be 15. Not sure about dial up mode. What options does it give? Perhaps something like packet data or default if that's an option. 

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi james5,

Thanks for posting. At the moment our USB modems don't support Android Devices so there's no guranatee that this will work for you. In theory, it might work if all the settings are in correctly though.

The MCC and MNC info given by JohnA is correct. We would need to know specifically what information the dial up is asking for though. I'd expect it to be asking for a phone number and username and password, in which case enter the following:

-Phone Number: *99#

-Username: web

-Password: web

If it asks for anything else, then please let us know. As I say though, Android Devices aren't supported by our USB modems, so there's a good chance that this may not work at all.

George

eForum Team

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

be interesting to know if you do manage to get this working, see just how universal the dongles really are.

i placed the dongle in my laptop and originally it took about half an hour then i was internet connected, briliant..but..!! now on the second day repeated the process and within seconds i was again through to the internet but only for about 10 mins then it stopped and is now asking for an APN...?

what is this, and why is it asking now ?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mksmith - You can see all the APN settings on our website. :Smiling: