Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

All connections drop

Brendan1969
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I am on a 4g contract. My galaxy s4 is set to auto connect to all, 2g, 3g and 4g. Occasionally the phone will no longer make calls, sand texts and have no Internet connection, this happens at random and is not linked to geographic location or poor signal. Sometimes it happens every hour, other times it finest happen for a week. Once it has dropped signal the only thing to fix this is to restart the phone. There is no way of telling that is happened because the signal bars remain at two or three. Just the fact that I can no longer make calls or what ever.
Resolutions that I've tried in conjunction with Vodafone:
Factory reset, soft reset, 4x new sims, tried sim in other phone, sent phone off for repair 5 times and I've tried everything Vodafone have suggested over the course of 17 months.
Anyone got any super bright ideas?
Before anyone suggests it - wait 7 months and get another phone from another provider.
1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you try limiting it to a 2 & 3G connection?   Go into Settings|Mobile Data for that.   I'm just wondering whether it's an issue with the drop-back from 4G (which is data only) to 2/3G which are used for normal network services.   If that fixes it, we've found the cause and all we need is a solution!