You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
markpenman

Android Market not loading

I've just tried going onto my Android Market on my Galaxy S. I get the white background with loading and then it just reverts back to my apps screen.

I've tried rebooting my phone but still doing same.  I've not changed anything since I last accessed it just over a week ago.

Any help would be much appreciated.  I'm running 2.3.3 on my phone.

Message 1 of 8 (5,214 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
barton71

Re: Android Market not loading

I am having the same problem. Its been like this all evening.
Message 2 of 8 (5,192 Views)
Rank 14: Guide III
jimc130

Try the new market, get it from 

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07/12/download-the-new-android-market-v3-0-26-with-support-for-mov...

SGS I9000
Rom : CyanogenMod 9 nightlies

Message 3 of 8 (5,174 Views)
Rank 17: Instructor I
very_teknical

jimc130 wrote:

Try the new market, get it from 

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07/12/download-the-new-android-market-v3-0-26-with-support-for-mov...

Hey Jim,

Are you able to play movies from the market on cm7?

Do you have the vodafone channel in your market, which everyone is fussing about at the moment??

Message 4 of 8 (5,167 Views)
jimc130

Hi VT,

It would seem that the movie and book functions are available only in the US at the moment I guess, and according to Android Police, google have managed to block movies on rooted devices anyway.

Yes, I have the Voda channel, it only shows 23 apps at the moment, a couple of which I have on my device. I dont have any issue with it at the moment, will just see how it moves along.

SGS I9000

Message 5 of 8 (5,163 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
sudburys

I had the same problems this evening but thought it was down to having just flashed the latest update of CM7!!

It got sorted after a combination of battery pulls andre-flashing both the firmware and G-apps file, sadly I'm not sure which one fixed it.
Message 6 of 8 (5,157 Views)
Rank 17: Instructor I
very_teknical

@jim Not that I'm overly bothered, but i'm not seeing this vodafone channel in the market. Just interested why this is the case. You're on cm7 and you're getting it. I have xeu p/code and csc with voda sim and i'm not. Has anyone established how this new market decides what channels to offer you or is still all a bit hit and miss at the moment? When using the market on my pc, it does recognise that i'm on vodafone uk.
Message 7 of 8 (5,135 Views)
jimc130

This channel first started appearing in the old market, showing up where the Myapps were located. I did not have this on my version of the old market, and when I put the new one on it was not there initially but appeared the next day.

Tom had posted somewhere that it was something like a slow roll out so it might pop up after a re-boot sometime. One of the HTC Sensation guys has been saying its a no show for him as well.

Still only 23 apps showing in the VF section, only 6 of them are "buy" apps.

I still think it has to do with the SIM as when I take the SIM out the VF channel is no longer there.

SGS I9000

Message 8 of 8 (5,127 Views)