Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

App issue - maybe

stuarttunstall
5: Helper

In June I purchased a new Skoda Super (2014 car) that uses the rSap profile to connect to bluetooth...

Up until a few weeks ago I have had no issues with the car connection and my Galaxy S3, no for some reason the bluetooth looses connection with the car, and reconnects, maybe once or twice a journey.

Around the 16th October I downloaded the app, "Pushover" to recive notifications from my server hosts, could this be causing my issue? It was downloaded about the time the issues started... 

I have unisnstalled this app for now to see if it cures the issue, but as I only use the car at weekends it will be next week before I find out... 

These are the permssions it requires..

Version 2.2.11 can access:
In-app purchases
Identity
  • find accounts on the device
Photos / Media / Files
  • test access to protected storage
Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • Broadcast data messages to apps.
  • Google Play licence check
  • view network connections
  • full network access
  • run at startup
  • control vibration
  • prevent device from sleeping

I cannot remember the exact date it started, but it has been around the last month or so... 

Stuart

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'd certainly start on a last-in/first-out basis. Although some problems can arise randomly, there's more likely to be a specific cause and it's best to look at any changes you've made recently.  If uninstalling the app cures the problem, you could email the developer,  However, Bluetoooth in cars is always a can of worms as the car software is often an old version and doesn't contain a specific protocol, or version of it, that the phone needs.  It can also be worth contacting a dealer to see if there's been an upgrade.

Beyond that, it really comes down to luck.  If it works, it works and, if not, it may never do so.  Sorry!

**UPDATE**

I borrowed a Galaxy Note from work to test the bluetooth in the car, but before I did I removed the app I thought may be the issue and went out today... 

Using my Galaxy S3 with the app removed I did the full trip, about 40 miles or so with no issues at all... so, maybe it was the app, or maybe just a coincidense? 

I will try again tommorow on a trip I know it did it, well it did for the last 3 weeks... IF is works OK, I can only presume it was the app, although the developers do say it should not effect it... If it does I will try the Galaxy Note on Sunday (Do the same trip Sat/Sun)

Well... NOT the app I suspected, it disconnected yesterday :Sad_face: So, I am going to try the Galaxy Note today that I borrowed from work to see if that disconnects, if it does must be a car issue, if not, a phone issue.... 

So... question for the team.....

IF it does look like the handset is at fault, is it possible for me to upgrade a little early? I am due to be able to upgrade from February 2015? 

I am looking at upgrading to the Galaxy Note 4 or the Galaxy S5 but not decided yet.. 

Stuart

@stuarttunstall wrote:

IF it does look like the handset is at fault, is it possible for me to upgrade a little early? I am due to be able to upgrade from February 2015? 

The February date is your early upgrade date.  If you want to upgrade any sooner than that, you have to buy out the time remaining in your contract in order to bring the upgrade date forward.

Just a thought regarding the issue - have you updated the firmware on the device recently?  If you have and had that issue, it would indicate that there is potentially something to do with that update.  Also, any updates to your apps could cause the issue.  For troubleshooting purposes, it may be an idea to do a factory reset on the handset and not install any apps.  See if the phone behaves itself when connecting to your car.  If it does, install the apps one at a time and see if the issue returns.

PWIAC

Thanks for the reply.. 

I will see what happens today when I go out, fingers crossed it will stay connected and it's not an issue with the 6 month old car :Sad_face: If it does work OK I may give customer services a call and see what they say, if not its only a couple of months so I will wait :Winking_smiley:

At least I know what the issue is...