Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Audi car phone system

Malcolm1sim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After nearly 4 years of trying any many calls to vodafone I can now use my phone SIM in my car SIM slot. Full telephone service and  data connection is available. However every time the data connection switches off and on again I get text saying "It looks like you have swapped your SIM or updated your software. to continue using data etc you need to update your settings these will follow by text." And they do but I do not need them or indeed the texts. How can I stop this happening?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

In a word: you can't.   Alright, that's two words, but the service is apparently perceiving a new connection each time and that's enough.   All you can really do is ignore the texts.   Interestingly, I did a small OS update yesterday and got that message, and it even suggested I may have updated.

It might be worth contacting your dealer to see if there's an update for the car's software that would resolve this.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

hrym

In a word: you can't.   Alright, that's two words, but the service is apparently perceiving a new connection each time and that's enough.   All you can really do is ignore the texts.   Interestingly, I did a small OS update yesterday and got that message, and it even suggested I may have updated.

It might be worth contacting your dealer to see if there's an update for the car's software that would resolve this.

Thank you for the info.

hrym

It dawned on me after posting that your're probably talking about a Bluetooth connection?   Also that your allowing the car (or it's allowing itself) remote SIM access?   As far as I'm aware, when this is released, the phone thinks the SIM has been put back in physically and the system therefore sends you APNs.  Further thought suggests that the only way round this may be to deny remote SIM access if you can.  If you can still make calls, you're fine.   If not, then you'll have to go back to allowing it and putting up with the texts. :smileysad:

You can get these stopped :Winking_smiley:

I purchase a new Skoda Superb in June and like you every time it disconnected I recived the mesaage and text... I followed the instuctions to get my number blacklisted by Vodafone to stop configuration messages which they did for me.. since then no more messages

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Nokia/Configuration-texts-on-rSAP-disconnect/td-p/1409290

Stuart

Stuart,

Thank you very much for that info. I will give it a try, although Virgin are currently offering unlimited data on a SIM only basis. Much better than my current Vodafone deal so thinking about that as well.

Thanks again.

Malcolm