Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BOOKMAKS

motorholme-man
4: Newbie

Hi i have just got a note 3 i love it,  i have put bbc for my homepage, but when i want to add another bookmark and save it, when i  go back to my home page the bookmark that i have just added takes over, and this happens with all of them. also the pages  on the top righthand side are now at 13, can you get them back to 1. if i tap them it says window manger, and you can see the other pages but when you tap the no entry sign to get rid of them, it keeps saying no internet and stops, then when go back to homepage its back, hope you can understand all this. when i had the s3 i could sort it out, but the note has beat me. thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi motorholme-man,

It sounds as though you're setting the page as your homepage rather than as a bookmark.

You'll need to click on the "Bookmark" button in the top right of the Internet browser. 

Can I confirm you're using the default Internet browser, rather than Google Chrome? 

The second issue sounds as though there's a software bug. It may be worth factory resetting the phone to help remove this.

Thanks,

Matt B

hi yes i am useing default browser not google, i did put it in as bookmark now, but as i said if i bookmark anything else it takes over. and when i touch the little windows on top right handside, it says window manager, so tap the windows that come up to take them away, and it just says internet has stopped. thanks. have thought of factory reset but your shop put everything on from my s3.

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm surprised that clearing the data doesn't work as I've deleted all kinds of things that way - including in browsers.  That does rather suggest a fault.

When you say the shop transferred everything for you, do you mean contacts, music and photos?  Contacts should be sync'd with Google, so will go back automatically (check that!)    Other contents can be copied to a pc and the easiest way is to connect by cable and then use the pc to browse as an external drive.   When you plug in, you'll get asked what you want to do and "browse files" is the option to choose.

I also believe that shops may be able to back content up to an sd card or usb drive.  If that's the case, you could ask them to do that so that the data isn't lost when you reset.  If they're not busy, they may even help you with the process.

thank you for getting back to me, i have got to go into town this week, so i think i will pop in to the vodafone shop and have a word, if it has to be rest then so be it. other than that great phone. thanks.

check this open up the brouser and press your menu button then press the set homepage have you got a dot in most Visited sites

In stead of book parks try what i do and use the quick access then you can just add pages to there instaed of book marks

My son had the Note 3 and the only way i can get this to do what you said was set the Home page to most visited

hrym

The quicket way to do this might be to go into Settings|Apps and clear data for the appropriate app.   It'll delete everything, including stuff you do want to keep, but it should set the whole lot back to scratch and allow you to start again.  It's just possible that the message you're getting is a memory issue, though the Note 3 ought to have enough to be able to cope.

thanks for reply tried but nothing happend. thanks.

motorholme-man
4: Newbie

Hi all well finally got this sorted out, got on the phone to samsung uk, who phoned me back and did some tests on phone, and he said it was a internet browser fault, so the only way was to do a factory rest, which matt_b thought would solve it. and now the phone works fine. thank you to all for helping me out.

hrym

Glad you're sorted.  Just for the benefit of anyone reading this thread later, it did dawn on me that you sometimes need to Force Stop an app before you can clear data.