You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
ryan1991

Battery dying causes application menu to reset

Have noticed everytime my phone battery dies when i switch my phone back on all of my apps and games that i had neatly sorted into folders and such have been seperated again? Is this happening to anyone else or does anyone no a solution as its rather frustrating.
Message 1 of 7 (3,212 Views)
ryan1991

Re: Battery dying causes application menu to reset

Thats on a galaxy s2 by the way
Message 2 of 7 (3,211 Views)
Rank 42: Oracle I
thesoupdragon

You should never let a lithium ion battery die! Sad.gif

As for the Folder issue. I am running a Custom Rom on my SGS which mimics the TouchWiz 4 Launcher.

I tried to reproduce the problem you encountered and had the same result by restarting the Phone by holding the power button to force a restart.

As you said, Apps had jumped out of the Folder and one of the folders was filled with apps that I hadn't put in there!

Perhaps a Bug with TouchWiz 4? Hmmm.gif

halloweenSig.png

Message 3 of 7 (3,208 Views)
ryan1991

Oh why not will it damage the battery in some way? Mine didnt move anything that i hadnt it just completly emptied 2 folders i have with all my apps and games onto the app menu... really dont enjoy sorting out around 50 apps again...
Message 4 of 7 (3,204 Views)
thesoupdragon

ryan1991 wrote:
Oh why not will it damage the battery in some way? Mine didnt move anything that i hadnt it just completly emptied 2 folders i have with all my apps and games onto the app menu... really dont enjoy sorting out around 50 apps again...

You can shorten the life of this type of battery by constantly draining it until the phone switches off!

When the battery reaches approx' 20% you should get a warning message to plug the phone in. Likewise when the phone is charged to 100% you will get a message to unplug the phone. Lithium ion batteries are best suited to "Top Up" charging.

TSD Wink.gif

halloweenSig.png

Message 5 of 7 (3,200 Views)
thesoupdragon

ryan1991 wrote:

You can shorten the life of this type of battery by constantly draining it until the phone switches off!

When the battery reaches approx' 20% you should get a warning message to plug the phone in. Likewise when the phone is charged to 100% you will get a message to unplug the phone. Lithium ion batteries are best suited to "Top Up" charging.

TSD Wink.gif

halloweenSig.png

Message 6 of 7 (3,199 Views)
ryan1991

Ah i wasnt aware of that i just assumed because of all the tips on battery life that recommend discharging the battery fully then to fully charge it for a longer life that it wasnt an issue?
Message 7 of 7 (3,185 Views)