Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Beware VF "repairs"

Fourbears
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Recently I rerturned a Samsung S4 Mini to VF as it had stopped working. Symptoms were battery got very hot, power dropped off very quickly before the phone turned off and then would not charge or turn on. After VF receiving the device, they sent it straight back citing water/moisture damage as the culprit with a close up blurry photo (in black and white) of the alleged area at fault. I found this strange as the phone has never been wet and kept in a waterproof case. So I thought I'll try a second opinion and sent it to Samsung. I have just got the phone back and guess what? It was not water damage but a faulty battery - common problem on S4 Minis - and a software upgrade. So if you have to send a phone back because it is faulty you may be better to send it to the manufacturer rather than Vodafone. Beware!

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

When engaging with someone in connection to a problem that cannot be resolved by the end user I always advocate contacting the manufacturer Uk Support. 

I feel they know their hardware and software better. 

That at said I have come across people who have been satisfied by the Networks 3rd Party Repair Centres. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Phones have two sets of moisure indicators.  On devices with removable backs, the first ones are under the battery and Vodafone, as a 3rd party repairer, aren't allowed by any of the manufacturers, to carry out a warranty repair if these have been triggered.   That can be by nothing more than a damp atmosphere.

If you'd come here at that stage, we'd have advised you to go to Samsung as they'll dismantle the device and look at the internal sensors.  If those are OK, or maybe even if they're not but there's another clear/known fault, they'll proceed with a repair.

I'm glad you've had a successful outcome, and this is why.