You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Calendar Sync Problem after ICS upgrade

Hi all,

I noticed yesterday that since I upgraded to ICS the calendar app on my phone isn't syncing properly with my google calendar. It looks like it's syncing and there aren't any error messages but the calendar app isn't showing any appointments that we're added into my calendar before the updagrade.

If I put a new entry into the calendar either through the web or phone then these sync fine but my phone isn't showing any entries (wither in the past or future) from before the upgrade.

I downloaded another calendar app from the play store (business calendar free) and it has the same problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

James 

Message 1 of 14 (4,607 Views)
thesoupdragon
Topics: 138
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 12
Solutions: 199

Re: Calendar Sync Problem after ICS upgrade

Hi Jaybee2605

Did you Factory Reset your Phone after the Update?

This can help resolve conflicts when moving/upgrading to a New platform.

I would certainly try the Factory Reset procedure...

• Backup your Stuff
  • open the phones dialer and type: *2767*3855# this will factory reset and format the internal storage.
  • Set the phone up as normal.

Google Sync should now work properly.

Please bear in mind that usually the Calendar will only sync backwards to 30 days.

Wink.gif

Crimbo_Banner_TPJ.gif

Message 2 of 14 (4,604 Views)

Thanks for the response - I'm trying to back up my phone with the Kies software but it keeps crashing. Is there another way I can back it up?

What information will I lose if I reset without backing up first?

Thanks

Message 3 of 14 (4,566 Views)
thesoupdragon

If you put the phone into Mass Storage mode, then just copy the Whole Internal SDcard over to the PC.

You will only need to download Apps.

Are your contacts sync'd to Google?

Crimbo_Banner_TPJ.gif

Message 4 of 14 (4,562 Views)

Hi Soupdragon,

So I backed up and reset the phone as instructed last night and the calendar seemed to sync ok with all of my entries in there. I spent ages downloading all of my apps and sorting the settings out etc and then this morning I found that the calendar has un-synced!

There's now no appointments in my calendar at all - I've gone into settings > accounts and sync and made sure that my calendar for my gmail account is selected but still nothing.

Any ideas at all?

Message 5 of 14 (4,543 Views)
thesoupdragon

Do you have another Calendar or Tasks App installed?

Sounds like something is overriding the sync operation for the stock Calendar?

Crimbo_Banner_TPJ.gif

Message 6 of 14 (4,528 Views)

I have Business Calendar Free installed but II only installed it to see if it would sync with Google and it doesn't either.

I also have Astrid tasks installed but I've had that for ages and it's never caused a problem.

I don't think that I have anything else that looks like it would cause problems.

Should I delete Business Calendar or Astrid? 

Message 7 of 14 (4,490 Views)
thesoupdragon

For the sake of trouble shooting I would uninstall them.

Then check the sync settings for you gmail account.

Wink.gif

Crimbo_Banner_TPJ.gif

Message 8 of 14 (4,463 Views)

Ok, so I deleted both apps and double checked my sync settings and notihing.

Anything new that I enter into my calendar on the web is synced to the phone and vice versa but all entries that were already in the calendar don't show.

Any other ideas?

Message 9 of 14 (4,452 Views)

I have the same problem, I have cleared the calendar data from Settings > Applications > Calendar, and when I did this all my calendar entries then showed. I checked to see if the calendar was still syncing, which it was and then I noticed the appointments were slowly disappearing. A minute or so later and all appointments had gone again. This was both for gmail and exchange and I have no task manager or separate calendar app installed. Hope this sheds some light on the issue.
Message 10 of 14 (4,358 Views)

My calendar is now syncing succesfully but I'm not 100% sure why - I tried deleted my google account from the phone and logging back in and it now seems to be synced ok - I read elsewhere that it could be down to having a lot of entries in your calenday and particularly to re-occuring appointments, if you have any of these then try editing them and clearing the data again.

Message 11 of 14 (4,336 Views)

I have deleted both my gmail account and exchange account and then re-entered the accounts, and just like you said all calendar appointments are now showing and seem to be staying.  I will keep an eye on it to see if they drop out again, but so far, so good!

Thanks!

Message 12 of 14 (4,327 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III

I would be sending a intresting email to the developers of those apps 

There seems to be alot of ICS third party apps that there saying they work but they don't causing allsorts of problems 

Message 13 of 14 (4,317 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II

@NDJ

Yup, just discovered the problem with the email widget was one of the 3rd party apps causing a conflict.

You'd think that as ICS was previewed in May and has been on devices since October LAST YEAR that the developers would have pulled their fingers out. If this was Apple the developers would be strung up by now!

Sometimes the simple answer is overlooked because it's technology that's complicated!
Message 14 of 14 (4,307 Views)
Nexus 6

Nexus 6

More space to explore

Buy now