Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can not connect properly to home wife.

Natalieb2408
3: Seeker
I have a galaxy note3 and for some reason I can no longer connect to my home wifi properly. It still connects to the network and shows full network bars but the arrows do not light up and the Internet just will not work at all. I can connect to other wifi networks and others can connect to my wifi but mine just won't work anymore. It hasn't always been like this, it worked for months before now.
6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Have you tried going into your phones wifi network settings and 'forget the network' and then set up your connection afresh.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Natalieb2408
Yes I've tried that already. I have also tried deleting and re-entering the IP settings as suggested on another post I read and the first time I tried it it did work for a few days then connection disappeared again and that won't work now.

Certainly a conundrum.

If it was my phone I would consider a Hard Reset.

As this deletes all data in the phones memory it's recommend to carry out a back up first.

Power off the N9000 Galaxy Note 3 phone. Press and hold both Volume Up + Home+power on. In the recovery menu select wipe data factory reset with Volume button. Press power to confirm. After hard reset completed, select reeboot system now! All data will be lost!
samsung galaxy note 3 hard reset

Unlock Samsung Galaxy N9000 password lock, resetting N9002, reset N9005

Press and hold POWER key for more than 7 seconds to reset the device if it has fatal errors or hang-ups, or freezes.

Your device freezes or has fatal errors
If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close programs or reset the device to regain functionality. If your
device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power key for 10-15 seconds. The device will reboot automatically.
If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. In Idle mode, open the application list and select
Settings → Privacy → Factory data reset → Reset phone → Erase everything.

Select Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset: Reset your settings to the factory default values and delete all your data.

Press Application button, then Settings > Reset settings: Reset your settings to the factory default values.

While using your device, be sure to back up important data. When disposing of your device, back up all data and then reset your device
to prevent misuse of your personal information.

Use this method to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Note SM-N9005: Enter *2767*3855#. Warning! All your data including contacts, messages etc. will be lost! Copy all your necessary data/Contacts/Messages etc. to SIM or make backup to your PC before full reset! Take out SIM card before full reset.

If that fails then is seek assistance from Samsung UK Support http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Current Phone  >

Natalieb2408
I have actually gone to the extreme of taking the phone back to factory settings. I backed up all of my apps and and information then started again. I managed to restore my pictures and phone numbers and general info but the Internet problem still persists and I now have no apps as I can not connect properly for them to download again.

Ok.

You may then need to seek assistance from Samsung unless another member can offer some guidance

Current Phone  >

63johnw
Hi, just read another post on here and a soft reset of the router then a reset of phone WiFi settings sorted it, if that doesn't work I would arrange a send back of the phone for a repair.