cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't set the Text Message Centre number.

Scim
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 and am having trouble with the text centre number. I can set it manually to +447785016005 and all is fine until I turn the phone off. When I turn the phone back on the text centre number has reset to +7 (yes, just +7!).

I'm not sure whether the text centre number is downloaded from the network to the phone or stored in the SIM and transferred to the phone each time the phone is turned on. Perhaps you could clarify this.

I share the SIM between two phones and have had the constant nagging configuration messages (sent each time I changed the SIM) stopped by Vodafone. Neither phone now automatically sets the text centre number. Could it be that I have lost essential Vodafone configuration messages as well as those not required? Could it be a faulty SIM?

I have tried both an O2 SIM and an EE SIM and they work perfectly.

Any help gratefully received.

12 REPLIES 12

liliananascimen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello I have the Samsung galaxy note 3 and did contract with Vodafone for monthly. And I can not send messages.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Are you talking about SMS or MMS?

Xpressman
1: Seeker
Hey just go to SIM management & alternate the SIM.I mean if that SIM is in 3G/4G mode just turn it in 2G mode ...SIM centre will definitely be set.May be automatic too....