Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Confirmation email for Samsung S6 Edge?

samjay7
3: Seeker

Preordered the Samsung S6 Edge - Gold 64gb 21/03/15 on the phone.

Has anyone else pre-ordered the new Samsung S6 or S6 Edge and not received any details confirming upgrade/order?

Slightly concerned as I ordered the phone as soon as Vodafones website was back up and running last Friday and currently do not have a phone. So would like the comfort factor of knowing this has been ordered and will recieve on the 10th.

I have spoke to the livechat and everytime they can only say they see an order on the system and will recieve my phone as soon as its ready. I do not know if this means release date or when my order is processed...

46 REPLIES 46

ms1377

I ordered the phone on the 23rd of March (Monday). Have yet to receive any formal written confirmation of this via e-mail from Vodafone.

The new systems that are being operated by the customer service team seem to be causing a fair bit of confusion. 

I have called multiple times and receive different information from each agent.

I spoke to a member of the tech team yesterday and they have told me that the order was never placed... but still appeared on the system?

Might be worth a call mate as it appears there seems to be a lack of ability to perform the only job they are asked to complete.

I received the email straight away when the order was rectified but no idea if i will receive the phone as promised on release date

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

@ms1377 – If you’ve not received confirmation yet, please call us on 191 from your mobile or 03333 040191 from a different phone.

We can then check what’s happening.

Thanks,

Gemma

I've called multiple times -- trust me.

The only assurance I was given was that an order receipt 'may' be given out when the phone has been dispatched.

Until then, seems like I'm going to be waiting in the dark! 

Pre-order process needs better linkage with your backend systems. 

guinea19833
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I did an upgrade for the samsung s6 edge on the pre order release date... no order email received either but on my vodafone its been updated to correct plan so hoping everything is fine and that ill get my phone when released..

Hi @ms1377 @guinea19833 

So we can look into this further, please get in touch via Live help.

Thanks,

Rodney  

Rodney ive contacted live chat a number of times,infact practically stalked them lol and they confirm i have an order for samsung s6 edge but i never receive email confirmation

cjennings89
1: Seeker
I've just contacted live chat about the same issue and was told "as the name suggests it is a pre order only" they then ended the conversation. I realise it is a pre order! this condescending response still does not tell me if my online upgrade processed. It seems as though this is a common issue with Vodafone customers who have placed orders for the s6 edge so why was this advisor seemingly clueless and uninterested in helping me with this issue. I had trouble even ordering the phone in the first place and ended up with black rather than the colour I wanted and when I rang I was told that there were problems with a new system and the only way to change it is to refuse delivery. well at the moment I don't even know if I'm going to get a delivery let alone refuse it?!

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@guinea19833 

I'm glad they've confirmed your order has gone through ok. I hope you enjoy the phone once you receive it.  

@cjennings89 

So we can look into this for you, please follow the instructions I've sent to your private message inbox

Thanks, 

Phil