Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting to Internet

wendyw2112
2: Seeker

Can anybody help please? I have upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime however I was sent a txt to say that I would need to say that I would need to update my settings manual to receive data and picture messaging. I did this by following instruction online, but hasn't worked, Webchat Tuesday " turn your phone off take out SIM" still not working, phoned Voda yesterday morning sent me a txt to say switch to WDMA only - not working. Just wondered if I am the only person with this phone? Any body help please?

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Have you tried texting WEB to 40127

The APN Settings for android are

Getting your Android handset online can be a challenge when it comes to putting the settings in manually but don’t worry, we're here to help.

From the home screen:

Tap the Menu button
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless and networks or More... (depending on your version of Android)
Tap Mobile Networks
Tap Access point names
Tap the Menu button
Tap New APN
Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Name - Vodafone Internet
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12
MMS Port - 8799
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - If given a choice, select internet+mms, if the keyboard appears enter *
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the Menu button
Tap Save
Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it
Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working

Ensure your Mobile Data settings are tuned on within the phone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

wendyw2112

Thanks for your reply, but I've done all that and still no joy!

63johnw

Hi, Sorry to ask but do you have mbile data enabled?

BandOfBrothers
You're welcome and I'm sorry it's not helped.

So mobile data is turned on in your Settings and your APN's look ok.

Process of elimination: Can U try ure Sim in another phone2 rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault.

You could pop into a HighStreet Vodafone store for them to take a look.

Did you get the phone from Vodafone ?

Are your masts ok ?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Thank you . I have followed all of Vodaphone instructions and I did find them straigt forward,  I will go into  a shop at the weekend but I was just wondering if anyone else had had the same problem.  Trying to save time.

I'm connecting to WIFI ok.

BandOfBrothers
Appreciate that and am well aware it's always convenient to visit a store.

Would you let us know how you get on.

Current Phone  >

I will let the forum know if it gets resolved,

AnnS

@wendyw2112

Type *#105# call on your phone to see when your phone was last updated on the network.

If you have all the correct settings on the phone, its probable that your phone has only temporarily lost its connection and all that is required is for you refresh the SIM on the network.

To do this, go to your settings and select more networks, tap mobile networks and let the phone search for any other network, select one and wait to be kicked out, select Vodafone UK.  Turn the phone off for a few minutes and back on.

If you are still having problems, a new SIM which you can get from a Vodafone store may do the trick.

Thank you. Just tried it but still nothing it is a new SIM only received phone and SIM Monday. Its just annoying now has I've been given unlimited internet access for three months and I'm still relying on my WIFI