Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Data

sarahsm80
4: Newbie

Hi, I just got the s3 yesterday. Lovely phone. Still getting used to it. I had an Iphone 3GS before so definitely an updrade!

Just a quick question, I noticed when I downloaded some apps such as Twitter and BBC News, it uses data to update stories, when I am out and not connected to my home wifi.

Therefore it is eating into my data allowance.

I only want to update the stories when I choose to use the internet, not all the time as seems to be happening.

I have turned off mobile data so i keep having to switch it back on when I wanna use the internet.

I just dont want it to update constantly. Is there a way round this?

Wish VF had unlimited data!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, have a look in settings, personal,accounts and sync and ensure that the ones you dont want to sync are not green.

This should prevent auto matic syncing, some apps you may have to look at individual settings to turn this off.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw

Hi, have a look in settings, personal,accounts and sync and ensure that the ones you dont want to sync are not green.

This should prevent auto matic syncing, some apps you may have to look at individual settings to turn this off.

Thank you very much :Smiling: love the phone

63johnw
Your welcome.

It is a nice piece of kit.

Any more problems there is normally someone here that can help.

63johnw
Sarah. Another thought. Navigate to the accounts and sync bit again and press on your Google one, there are also quite a few things in there to check, there was a problem yesterday where someones picasa account synced and used lots of his data

I willl look at that thank you. Im keeping an eye on my data usage (which is ridiculously low for a phone like this). So far so good!

been trying to find out on the internet and didnt really get much help. I come along here and my query is solved quickly. Thanks. I know I can count on the forum members

dgferr
4: Newbie

Hi, in BBC News app go to settings and deselect 'Sync while on Mobile'.

Also on Google Play you can stop Apps being updated using Data by going to Google Play settings . Under General you will see Auto-update apps. If you select this you can either turn off Auto-update altogether or select Auto-update over Wifi only.

Not used Twitter, but I guess it will be similar. :Smiling:

Best wishes