Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email problem

herefordjack
1: Seeker
I am on holiday in Crete, accessing internet on smartphone via the hotel internet connection.
My e mails are coming in fine, but I can't send out any replies or new emails. Just get message 'send failed null'. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

It maybe worth speaking to the hotel to ensure nothing is wrong with their side of things. 

You could try deleting the email settings and then re enter them and or download another email app and try that. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

It's always difficult to diagnose email issues at a distance, but the most likely cause, I'd have thought, is that your service provider's SMTP server is rejecting the connection, possibly because it's coming from outside the UK.

If you use Gmail, try using the dedicated app as it requires no setup.   If you don't, you should still have a Google account to use Google services with your (Android) phone.   Try using their SMTP server instead. It should be SMTP.gmail.com and you'll need to set it to log in before sending ("my server requires authentication") using your Google username and password.

You could also try using mobile data, though this will, of course, incur a charge.