Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty phone

gavinwalling
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have a samsung s4  that will not send pics via text,i phoned vodafone and she went through the settings with me which i saved, it still does not work.

so i went to the vodafone shop in carlise today where a young assistant messed with my phone and after half a hour it sent a pic via text, on leaving the shop i decided to send a pic of some turkeys i was selling to a friend after a hour it still didnt send,by this time my phone was getting flat,so off back to the shop,where i spoke to the store manager who told me the setting were correct and the may be a fault with my phone bujt he could not help me and told me  to phone support when i got home which i did, she told me to turn off wifi befor sending a text, then send a pic via text, then turn off my phone and restart it and then it should send ,which it did. this phone must be faulty but vodafone dont want to know

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Usually if a person is encountering issues with attaching media to a Text known as a MMS Text which are chargeable to send and the MMS settings in the APN Settings in the phone are correct, sometimes means their Account needs Re Provisioning for MMS which only Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can process. 

Do you have a good stable 3G connection which is required to send MMS through the Network. Vodafone network checker.

If you are a Payg Account Holder do you have sufficient Credit as again to reiterate MMS are not part of a Texting Allowance. 

My advice is to approach the Manufacturer if a phone shows faults as they know their Hardware and Software better than a Networks Repair Centres. Samsung Uk Support.

As your phone is intermittently sending MMS texts I'm not convinced the actual phone is at fault. It could be your account as I touched upon earlier or occasionally having the sim replaced called a 'Sim Swap' can help to which a Vodafone HighStreet Store can help. Take ID to prove your the Account Holder. 

Can you Try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault. If the alternative phone takes a different sized sim then Vodafone Shops have Plastic Sim Card Adapters or ask to try a phone in the store.  

If I may suggest their are alternatives to MMS to send media. 

WhatsApp and Viber are options amongst others but the recipient needs these downloaded too. 

eMail is free and larger files can be sent this way as MMS have a file size restriction. 

I hope some of the above has been helpful. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i am on contract with vodafone,and i pay monthly, i know there are other ways to send pics but not all my clients have  email or whattsapp.

i have tried my my sim in my old HTC phone and it does send pics via MMS. unlike my other phone. i also have a good 3G signal. and as the phone belongs to vodafone its there problem not mine

Thank you for your update. 

The phone belongs to you and is covered by a Manufacturing Warranty. 

If you feel it is at fault then their are two options. 

Let Vodafone send it to their Repair Centre. 

Make use of Samsungs Support. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

It sounds as though either there's something in the Samsung's message app settings that's not enabling MMS or that you don't have the correct Access Point (APN) for some reason.   This should have installed when you set the phone up, but you can check by going into Settings|Mobile Data (possibly|More) and then Access Point Names.  You should see Vodafone Contract (or PAYG as appropriate) WAP with a green dot - indicates it's the default - by it.  If it's there without a green dot, long press it and then set it as the default.  If it's not there, text WEB to 40127 and respond to the "tap to complete" notification that should appear soon afterwards.*

If it still doesn't work, drop into a Vodafone shop as the cause may be apparent to someone who can see the device.

* You'll get a text saying the settings will be texted to you.   Ignore this as they won't appear in your incoming messages.  Look for the notification.