You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Few Issues with 2.3.3 JVO

Hi Guys

I am running 2.3.3 JVO (XEU) with GB bootloaders and I have a few issues with my phone:

1) Occasionally when I charge my phone it instantly says that battery is at 100% charged and stops charging despite saying it was at 50% moments before. Any ideas how to fix this?

2) When I unlock my phone the background is black and all it displays is the icons at the bottom of the screen. Once I have pressed a button the black screen goes away.  Cannot find any info on this issue so any help / ideas would be appreciated

3) When making / receiving a call, the display goes black (blank) and I cannot end the call or use my phone in any way intil I randomly press a few buttons to get the call screen back. Really irritating as the call screen will only display for a few seconds before it goes black and disappears. Anyone know of a fix?

I'm more than happy to use odin to flash different ROMS to fix the above issues and any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Matt

Message 1 of 6 (3,036 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III

Re: Few Issues with 2.3.3 JVO

We have been talking about this on the 2.3.3 thread, the problem your having have been mention on other forums but egnored i gess you did a factory reset after you flashed the rom, but the phone has two bigger bugs force closing in standby and also when your on a call, and shocking battery drain, the other problem is most people are now fed up with stock roms not working,i'm back on jpy 2.2.1 then i will be going custom as darkys rom have fixed the problems. Samsung have not comented on the problems other then just send the phone in for repair (how is a service centre going to fix a rom) i am hoping vodafone might get behind us on this as it effects there rom as well but we have not herd from them, this is why there is a big move over to custom roms for support and help, if they don't want people going to a custom rom bring stable stock roms out. Let me no if you want to go back to jpy as its a bit tricky

Message 2 of 6 (3,034 Views)

Yeah I did factory resets etc before and after I flashed 2.3.3 and thankfully I don't suffer from the battery drain or FC issues.

So once again Samsungs software is letting down a great phone? Shame as if they could get their software right I'm sure they would get even more sales.

I've used Darkys ROM before so flashing to that is a possibility but a last resort
Message 3 of 6 (3,030 Views)

The force close will come some other users did not have it at first then it just happens, The Bus you have, Have been sorted on Darkys rom But Even Darky is not impressd with what they have done But these problems they had on the Nexus S ages ago on 2.3.3 and they rolled out 2.3.4 to fix them and that is a very nice phone and samsung made that but Google look after the firmware

I'm Very supprised at Vodafone for not picking up on the bugs they stopped 2.2.1 saying it had Battery drain this one has Major battery drain.

If the Vodafone firmware was spot on then i would of gone back to it but it has the same faults. My next phone i think will be the atrix from moterola as they stick with a stock gingerbread phone 

Message 4 of 6 (3,017 Views)

Oh well I bit the bullet and installed Darkys ROM v10.1. Have yet to see any of the above issues and I'm liking what I see so far!!

Message 5 of 6 (2,998 Views)

you will not see any on there i have a sgs on darkeys for the pat 24hours and its fine not a single force close i'm waiting for our Darkys expert to have a play 

Message 6 of 6 (2,988 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd