03-02-2012 03:54 PM - last edited on 05-02-2012 08:46 AM by James
Posting here in the hope that someone from Voda can assist,,,,,,,,,
On Wednesday, I called into the Swindon store to upgrade. Long story short, the only way I can currently get a Galaxy Nexus free is to do it online. The store staff (Dean & Sam) were most helpful, and after a lot of messing about, we sorted this. I was told I would get emails/txts from Voda & that the phone would be delivered to my home in a few days. I think maximum of 10 days was mentioned.
So, I return home & later receive a text saying that there's none in stock & I have to wait. I rang CS & was told that there's none in stock & that they should arrive within 10 days. I managed to get £35.21 deducted from my bill as a result of this.
However, the lady @ CS would not commit herself to a date for me getting the phone. I pushed the argument that it may well be a lot longer before I get the phone, but she remained extremely non-commital on when I would get my new Nexus.
I rang the store next day & spoke to Sam, who said they have no control over when the warehouse releases goods. I've spent a while mulling over this, & have decided to post here & see if anyone can answer the following:
1. I pointed out to store staff that the website has been saying the Nexus was out of stock for some time. They assured me that this wasn't the case & that I would get a phone in a matter of days. This was probably not true.
2. I'm not happy about having no date for the shipping of my phone. Can someone let me know when this will happen?
3. The whole point of ordering the phone online was to avaoid having to pay around £150 to get the phone instore. I'm told that the price fluctuates & that the lack of overheads makes the online price so much cheaper. Whilst I accept this argument, £150 seems a hell of an overhead to me. I'd be interested in hearig the official line on this.
4. Based on threads I've read here, I'm not at all convinced that I will get the phone anytime soon. I suspect the waiting list is a bit lengthy. An opinion fom Voda on this would be interesting.
Overall, I'm pretty frustrated. I was instore for the better part of an hour, have spent a fair bit of time online investigating and on the phone talking to various people & to date, all I have is a vague promise of a phone at some unspecified date & a credit ot the value of £35.21. I realise that there are probably quite a few people out there in thye same boat, but I'd like to be definitively informed of the current & short term situation.
Solved! See solution
04-02-2012 07:52 PM - edited 04-02-2012 07:53 PM
Hmmmmmm, looks like no Voda online support over weekend. Oh well I'll haveta wait.
BTW thread title should be Galaxy Nexus, but can't see how to amend it!
05-02-2012 02:43 PM
Many thanks for your post here; I only wish that the circumstances were better.
The eForum does have staff on over the weekend however we operate with reduced cover which is why it has taken a little longer than normal to get to your post working on the first come first serve basis that we operate.
Firstly as requested I have amended the title of your thread.
Secondly in regards to the questions asked I have answered these below in the order they were asked;
- The store staff should not have advised you that the stock displayed online was incorrect as the status that is shown online is a true reflection of the online stock situation at that time.
- Unfortunately we can’t give any exact dates for a phone to be shipped until stock has been allocated to your order, this is due to the delivery of stock being beyond our control.
- When it comes to online prices, our retails stores should be able to match any deal that can be found on the online store unless it is shown as an online exclusive offer.
- From looking at our online stock reports I can see that the next delivery should be due within the next 14 days however as stated above I can not say this as a definite timescale due to the delivery being beyond the control of Vodafone as it relies on a 3rd party to deliver the phones to our warehouse.
I understand your frustration with the order and delivery delays that you are currently experiencing however we are currently awaiting for our next delivery to arrive at which point the orders will be completed in the order that the orders were accepted.
05-02-2012 05:14 PM
Many thanks for this. Also, thanks for amending the thread title.
Having read your reply, I'm pretty angry that the store were less than honest with me. They assured me that I would get the phone in a matter of days. I definitely pointed out that the webiste had showed the Nexus as out of stock since well before Christmas. Sam & Dean were adamant that this was not the case. They also told me very definitely that they could not let me have a store phone without paying £150 or so.
When I spoke to Sam on Thursday, she told me that they only had one in stock & that was allocated to a customer who was coming to collect it. She reiterated that even if they had one, I would have to pay the excess.
I'd like to make a formal complaint about this, the store staff deliberately mislead me, I could in fact have taken the phone they put oin the desk in front of me on Wednesday. I've had to make a number of phone calls and do research online. Overall, regardless of when the phone might arrive, I don't thik £35.21 is much compensation.
Can you please either treat this as a formal complaint or advise who & where I should direct a written complaint to.
06-02-2012 10:27 AM - edited 06-02-2012 10:29 AM
I'm popping you a private message with instructions of how to raise this as requested. Just follow these and I'm confident we can get this sorted.
You can find your PM inbox here.
06-02-2012 04:05 PM
Customer Notice. Sorry...
This service is unavailable. We're working as fast as we can to resolve the issue, and hope to restore the service soon.
The rest of the site is working as normal - use these links to continue browsing.
08-02-2012 10:36 PM
Have contacted CEO's office AND sent the email to email@example.com,
Meanwhile, I'm still getting the very annoying "an inportant update" email and I see that Nexus' are being shown as available on the website.
Letter to CEO office:
I'm writing to complain about the treatment I received in your Swindon store last Wednesday (1 February 2012). I went in to upgrade my phone & chose a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
The staff were unable to provide one instore without my paying in the region of £150. They suggested that they should apply online on my behalf & that the phone would reach me in 10 days or so. I pointed out that your website had been showing this model as out of stock for weeks, but Sam & Dean were adamant that this wasn't the case.
So, I ordered a phone & came home expecting to receive an email giving me a date for the phone to be shipped. I was surprised to receive a text later that day telling me that there was a 14 day delay.
I then phoned Customer Services & spoke to a lady who confirmed that the phone would be at least 14 days, maybe more. I then rang the store on Thursday afternoon, to be informed by Sam that they had no available phones, that even if they did, I'd have to pay the sum discussed on Wednesday, but as they had none, there was nothing they could do.
I then started this thread on your forum: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung/Galaxy-Nexu
I'm now in the position where I have been given £35.21 credit to my account, which given what I now know seems derisory. I have no phone & no way of knowing when it will arrive. I was obviously deliberately misled by Sam & Dean, your sales people.
Frankly, I expect better of Vodafone.
I look forward to hearing from you urgently regarding how you intend to resolve this matter.
Getting more frustrated as days go by
09-02-2012 08:40 AM
10-02-2012 08:12 PM
Guess what? Two phones arrived today
I signed for the parcelforce delivery @ about 0730 & while I was asleep, DPD attempted to deliver the other!!! So, I now have one charged & ready to go & another sitting in DPD's warehouse.
I've contacted DPD & Voda asking for the second phone to be returned
You cou;ldn't make it up!!
Thanks tho to Voda for finally making it happen!!!