Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 3 screen blank

StuKP
4: Newbie

Hi,

Was just using my Note 3 and the screen just went blank. It seems to boot up but the screen  stays blank. Notification lights also flash. I've had the battery  out for 10 mins but no joy.

Help! I need my phone!

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You may be able to do a hard reset by holding home and volume up, then pressing power until something happens.  If you get a menu, use the volume key to scroll the options and power to select.  If nothing appears, or resetting doesn't work, it's going to be a repair job, I'm afraid.

Thanks @hrym,

One of the first things I tried after a battery out didn't work was a Hard Reset. Unfortunately the screen was still blank despite it obviously working in the background.

It's gone back to Carphone Warehouse where I bought it from and they've sent it back for repair.

I have a lovely basic Samsung loan phone that's from the 17th Century (or so it feels like) so just keeping an eye on the repair tracker on their website to see what happens.

The Note 3 was bought back in March of this year so I'm realistically thinking it's going to be replaced, but we'll see, I guess.