Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 4 Lollipop update

chrisp150379
2: Seeker

Hi Does anyone know if the Note 4 is getting the lollipop update anytime soon?  really frustrating seeing other samsung phones on vodafone in the uk upgraded and I still have to wait with no idea of if I am getting the update.

Thanks

Chris

28 REPLIES 28

Retired-Rodney
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @chrisp150379,

We currently don't have a date, however once it's available you'll be notified through your handset.

For more information on our firmware updates, please see here.

Thanks,

Rodney 

Presumably, you're talking about OTA updates.

Doesn't KIES  usually release sooner?

Hi @SmilingEddie 

Yes it would be an OTA update that you'd get notified about. You won't get one from Samsung Kies. 

We don't have any further information around dates/timescales on this. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

This isnt actually correct ive recieved updates via kies prior to you rolling out the OTA update to my handset.  Download Kies 3 plug in your device if it has the update available it will notify you ive done this with a number of devices in the past and can allow you to get the update earlier.  For example Vodafone rolls out the update in phase if your the last phase you may get the update a month or more after other people kies will have the update after the first phase of the roll out is completed normally.

Still a bit irked that the OneNet Express support team didn't alert me to the incompatability between their system and Samsung's Touchwiz on Android 4.4.4.

I phoned them again today to see if the functionality had been replaced in the Touchwiz for Lollipop and no-one seemed to know. Nor could they suggest a launcher or app I could use as an alternative.

Come on, give me Lollipop so I know whether Sansung's claim about replaced functionality is true. 

Finally, its rolling out in the UK OTA to those whose Note 4 is not locked to an operator.

Mods, Is there a firm date when we Vodafone users can expect to see it?

Hi @SmilingEddie,

As Amanda mentioned, we don't have a firm date of release. However once it is available, you'll receive a notification.

Thanks,

Rodney 

OK, so no change at Vodafone in the past fortnight – thanks.

My experience has been that the announced date is only when it starts to roll out. It then rolls out in Kies, meaning I get it if I start checking. That happens automatically if I charge via my PC with Kies running. If I use a power cable, I have to wait for the OTA push which can follow up to a couple of weeks later.

Is that the norm or have I just had luck in getting early upgrades that way?

Do you sense my eagerness to be rid of this current feature-stripped version of Touchwiz?

knoxy2006

Just was told by vodafone June!!! jesus thats long. i know oculus has held the update back on our device because they had to fix the kernel but still!