cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 4 - Sky Sports Mobile non compatability.

DirtyPixel
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So I just renewed my contract with VF to upgrade to the Galaxy Note 4 and as part of the plan was given the option of X months free from Spottify, Netflix or Sky Sports mobile. Being happy with my current music and movie streaming situation, I chose Sky Sports Mobile. Guess what? The Note 4 isn't yet supported by Sky for this mobile app. Good logic there Vodafone!

I realise these Red plans have to span a lot of handsets, but why on earth offer it with a handset for which one of the options isn't compatable? At least warn us of the fact!

Can I, and other Note 4 users, expect to be issued with a fresh six month subscription to Sky Sports Mobile when it actually works on our chosen (and expensive) handset?

DP

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @DirtyPixel

As the Note 4 is such a new phone, I’m sure a compatible app will be along as soon as possible.

We won’t be able to give you a fresh six month subscription, but if you get in touch with our Live Help team, they’ll be able to provide you with the option of subscribing to one of the other Entertainment packs instead.

Thanks,

Wayne

As mentioned, I already have the music & movie streaming offered by the alternative Entertainment packs covered by other apps, so really not much point in taking those up. It's disappointing that a supposed extra for a long term contract doesn't work, as are reports of vastly discounted tarrifs on the Note 4 being offered only to customers threatening to leave VF rather than those reamining loyal.

I'll think more carefully about my network options in future.