Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 4 dialer problem for OneNet Express Users

SmilingEddie
4: Newbie

With OneNet Express, when I get a call on a land line, the number is presented with a prefix which tells me which line was called. On my old Galaxy S3, pressing on the number in my call log let me copy the number to the dial screen. I could then edit the prefix off and call back.

I’ve now got a Galaxy Note 4 and among the more annoying missing software features is this inability to copy the number from the call log to the dial screen.   Is there a known good solution to the problem, e.g. a non-stock dialer that works really well?

6 REPLIES 6

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @SmilingEddie 

My colleague has just tested this on his note 4. He found that if you hold down on the number, then click on the icon with the three little dots, this will give you an option of 'send number'. Pressing this will open up the number in a text where you can copy it.

Thanks,

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi,

Yes, thats the problem - I have to pretend to send it, copy, paste and cancel the SMS - it doesn't let me put it directly on my dialing screen so I can edit it.  Count the keystrokes.

What was going through Samsung's tiny minds when they thought this was an advance over what they offered before!

Any idea how to organise groups of contacts so the groups I use most often are at the top - apart from giving them prefixes to use its alphabetic ordering?

Hi @SmilingEddie,

I've just had a look on my Note 4 and it appears that you can't change the order.

The only way to do it would be as you suggested.

Thanks,

Matt 

Thanks Matt.

My hopes are pinned on someone seeing sense in Samsung and fixing this stuff before Lollipop is released.

I'm developing a real dislike the this "flag ship" device.

Just back from the Samsung service centre and...

There is a patch due out in the next fortnight to put back some of the functionality young Einstein removed from TouchWiz to improve the user experience. The ability to rearrange groups is in and the man thought "copy to dialscreen" might be. 

A solution to the problem...

I added a free third party dialer called exDialer and then one of the skins that I liked the look of.

Pressing a number in the call log provide a whole range of options, including Edit number before call.

It also lets me rearrange my groups so the ones I want fastest access to are now at the top.

It has a few small differences to take on board, e.g. access to contacts is an icon on the dial screen, but a whole lot better than the mess Samsung is pushing out to all current Galaxy phones.