Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note Edge

CrazeUK
4: Newbie

Hi Guys, so i have seen the note 4 on the VF Website.

Even though that is an option i would rather get the Galaxy Note Edge.

I had numerous chats to online chat, and they said it was due to be released on 17/10/2014 along with the note 4.

I called VF on friday and the guy said we have no knowledge about it.  

He also said i can only get the Red Hot XL deals from in store.

As it happens 12 months ago when i got my last red hot xl deal i got it online and just collected the handset from store.

So can anyone finally tell me =:

Are we getting the Edge here?

Can i get red hot xl from the upgrades department?

Should i just try another network.

9 REPLIES 9

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Hi there

You will need to keep an eye on the Vodafone Blog as that is where they'll make announcements about new handsets.

http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/

PWIAC

Hi there,

I have been waiting for the Note Edge to be released and I notice it has now been.  You can gte the Note Edge from the Carphone Warehouse on a pay monthly contract on the Vodafone Network.  However when I go on to the Vodafone website there is no mention of the Note Edge being available.  Can you confirm if you only supply the Note Edge to third party companies (like carphone warehouse) or are there any plans to get the Note Edge direct from Vodafone?

Many Thanks

Russ

drey_p

Hi there

There have been no announcements about whether or not the Edge is coming to Vodafone.  You'd be best keeping an eye on the Vodafone Social Blog as that is where they tend to announce new handsets.  You can also keep an eye on the online store.

PWIAC

HI There,

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't really make sense.  You say there have been no annoucements yet I was in a Vodafone store 1 hour ago and they were saying they were receiving the edge in 2 days and this info came from a mass email sent to all stores.  Also if there are no announcements how can carphone warehouse be selling the edge on a vodafone network?  I tried to attach a screen print of this but your website is playing up and won't allow me to do this.  Is this forum managed by Vodafone or are the replies posted from someone who represents or is part of vodafone?  It baffles me how the forum can give one answer, the store a different answer, the people on the phone a different one to that.  Especially to an extremely simple question.

Russ

If its one  thing i have learnt about Vodafone, its that no two stories are ever the same.

I had loads of issues around this, as a new custmer they couldnt make there mind up when the Note 3 was due to come out.  Even when it was out stores where saying its not (to the point one implied i was lying when i said i ordered it on the phone).

So i wouldnt take anything said here, on the web chat, or on the phone as gospel until you can order it and pay for it and have it in your hand!

Its sad that such a well estabished business is so disjointed!

drey_p

@russ1981 wrote:

You say there have been no annoucements yet I was in a Vodafone store 1 hour ago and they were saying they were receiving the edge in 2 days and this info came from a mass email sent to all stores.  

Take a look at the Blog here as it has now been confirmed that the device will be coming to Vodafone.  There is no mention of dates however.

@russ1981 wrote:

how can carphone warehouse be selling the edge on a vodafone network?  

Easily - they have their own stock of phones which they bundle with airtime contracts.  So their handsets do not come from Vodafone stock.

PWIAC

As far as I can see, the edge isn't being launched in th uk anytime soon. At least a few months down the line. Samsung see this as a premium device so by the looks of it not that many will be made or available for sale. I was going to wait for this but my old phone was getting slower and slower so got the Note 4.

But VF CHat staff and one call centre agent said it would be out around the same time as Note 4 :s

Don't take anything the phone team says as fact. I rang them numerous times trying to get my Note 4 sorted, half of them had never heard of the Note range and tried to sell me an S5. A couple of them were quite rude and abrubt and told me not to bother waiting and the other's just had no idea on dates of release, I had to tell them the nationwide release was the 17th and they were shocked. According to the other thread they didn't even know on the day the shop had them that were actually going to be released! 

Back to the subject the Note Edge is not 100% confirmed for these shores and if it is coming the rumours suggest middle of next year.