Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
colflo

Galaxy S - Slow Internet Browser

hello i have had froyo jp7 installed for a few days now and iam getting realy slow web browsing. I have disabled flash plugins
but didnt realy help.Has anyone got any idea why the browser is slow ?

thanx
Message 1 of 12 (4,869 Views)
Rank 17: Instructor I
very_teknical

hello i have had froyo jp7 installed for a few days now and iam getting realy slow web browsing. I have disabled flash plugins
but didnt realy help.Has anyone got any idea why the browser is slow ?

thanx

Is this just an issue with web browsing? or with all processes requiring an internet connection?
Is it a problem just over 3g or is it wifi as well?

What method did you use to upgrade to froyo?
Message 2 of 12 (4,869 Views)
colflo

its just with web browsing the wifi is ok . i upgraded to froyo with odin it was you who helped me last week to install jp7 .
Message 3 of 12 (4,869 Views)
very_teknical

its just with web browsing the wifi is ok . i upgraded to froyo with odin it was you who helped me last week to install jp7 .

sorry its not clear from your reply
Is web browsing only a problem when using 3g, or is it a problem over wifi as well?

First of all try a different browser.
get the dolphin browser from the market and see how that works. (its a much better browser in any case)
This will tell you whether its a problem with the browser or a problem with your connection.

Let me know
Message 4 of 12 (4,869 Views)
colflo

sorry its not clear from your reply
Is web browsing only a problem when using 3g, or is it a problem over wifi as well?

First of all try a different browser.
get the dolphin browser from the market and see how that works. (its a much better browser in any case)
This will tell you whether its a problem with the browser or a problem with your connection.

Let me know

its only a problem on 3g . I installed dolphin hd last night the web pages just take to long to load so i think its something to do with
the connection .
Message 5 of 12 (4,869 Views)
very_teknical

its only a problem on 3g . I installed dolphin hd last night the web pages just take to long to load so i think its something to do with
the connection .

Well there seems to be a lot of people reporting various 3g issues since upgrading to froyo.
From what I've read Samsung are apparently aware of the problem and are 'investigating it'

The only other thing I can suggest is to re-flash the phone back to the 2.1 ROM JM8 with re-partition and then flash froyo over the top of that.
That's what I did and I've never had a problem with 3g and froyo
Message 6 of 12 (4,869 Views)
colflo

thats how i installed froyo with jm8 first with re partition then flashed froyo over the top without re partition suppose i will just see if they
come out with a fix .

thank you for your replys
Message 7 of 12 (4,869 Views)
very_teknical

thats how i installed froyo with jm8 first with re partition then flashed froyo over the top without re partition suppose i will just see if they
come out with a fix .

thank you for your replys

Hold on a sec!
I have a solution for you!!
Message 8 of 12 (4,869 Views)
very_teknical

Right here is the solution...

Go to settings>wireless and network>mobile networks>access point names

Then whatever you are have there select it
It should then display all the vodafone settings on the screen

Now Press the menu button and select 'delete apn'

Now press the back button once.

Press the menu button and select 'reset to default'

Your issue with browser over 3g should now be fixed!

Let me know...
Message 9 of 12 (4,869 Views)
colflo

still the same vt i can get on to google page fast but when i search a topic and try to go on to the site the web pages takes ages to load .
Message 10 of 12 (4,869 Views)
very_teknical

still the same vt i can get on to google page fast but when i search a topic and try to go on to the site the web pages takes ages to load .

The procedure in my previous post was something that came from a thread on xda with the exact same problem as you described with your browser and 3g. Everyone there came back to report it had fixed the problem for them. I just needed to check that it worked and obtained the new settings from Vodafone after deleting them, before posting it on here.

Well I think tomorrow you need to check what the status of the vodafone network is in your locality, if you haven't already.

(Also I'm assuming that you've shut down the phone, removed the battery for 30 secs and restarted)
Message 11 of 12 (4,869 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi colflo

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

Thanks to very.tenkical for all the support he has given to you so far. :)

So that we can look at the local sites around you to see if this is a site issue, can you provide us with the full postcode of the area that you are having this problem in. We'll then be happy to investigate :)

Please let me know if you have any more questions and we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 12 of 12 (4,869 Views)