Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 40: Professor IV
thesoupdragon

Galaxy S2 - Flashing Guide

[ Edited ]

Kudos Bar2.jpg

Galaxy S2 - Flashing Guide For people who can't get Samsung Kies to Work

You must have Samsung Kies Installed for Odin3 to work.

Files to Download:- 

Odin3 v1.83.exe | 0.4 MB - Flashing software

BUKE1 PHONE:BUKE1 CSC:VODKE2 2.3.3- Official Branded Vodafone Firmware

I9100BUKJ3_I9100VODKI2_VOD 2.3.5 - Official Branded Vodafone Firmware

I9100XXLPJ_I9100XXLPJ_OXA 4.0.3 IceCream Sandwhich - Unbranded European Firmware

Unzip container files to extract .tar files. Save in a Folder on your Desktop

GUIDE:

Backup all your content.

Factory Reset Phone and choose option to format internal SDcard.

Run Odin3 software.

Click on PDA Button, Browse to your Desktop Folder and choose the Firmware .tar you want to use.

(For example - GT-I9100_VOD-I9100BUKE5_I9100BUKE1_I9100VODKE2.tar)

Put Phone into Download Mode by turning phone off - Press and Hold - Volume Down + Home + Power - Let go when the Galaxy S II Logo appears.

Press Volume up to confirm Download Mode.

Connect USB lead to Phone and to PC.

Allow USB Drivers to install

Click Start - DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE!

When the Phone Reboots you can disconnect from PC.

Skip through the setup process.

Perform Factory Reset.

When phone restarts, follow setup as normal.

DONE!

Files sourced from;

http://www.samfirmware.com/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1113928

All Firmwares are single file Flash, no need for .pit file.

Thanks to;

XDA - Developers member - Intratech

Samfirmware.com

DISCLAIMER:

I assume no responsibility or liability for any Damage caused to your phone, internally or externally, by following this guide.

Wink.gif

Autism_sig.png

Message 1 of 41 (19,258 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
shaxi

Re: Galaxy S2 - Flashing Guide

good post ! all can be find here ! thanks ! keep the link will be helpful ! i hope that he won't be deleted!:smileyvery-happy:

Message 2 of 41 (19,183 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Montala

[ Edited ]

Hi TSD, (or should I call you Mr Dragon!)

I have just found this particular thread, and would like to make a couple of comments on your initial post, if I may.

As I am sure you are aware, there is now a later version of the official Vodafone branded firmware available, namely BUKG2 which contains the following PDA:BUKG2| PHONE:BUKG1| CSC:VODKE2

This was in fact already installed on a new S2 I was sent by Vodafone recently.

Being an impatient sort of chap, I also found an unofficial 2.3.4 (Frankenstein) release of XXKH3 containing  PDA: XXKH3| Modem/phone: XXKH3| CSC: OXAKH3 all of which are of course later versions of the above.

This I flashed in, with no problems, using Odin and was quite surprised that although the main 'version' of the installed CSC was OXA, instead of the XEU variant I expected to find, it was actually showing as [VOD} and all my Apps were still present exactly as before.

I would assume therefore that this version will appear on Kies shortly, as that implies to me that it already has Vodafone support... yes?

Hope this all makes sense anyway! :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 41 (18,881 Views)
thesoupdragon

Hi Montala

After you flashed KH3 did you perform a Factory Data Reset?

Some Firmware upgrades don't perform a full wipe during installation leaving all your original stuff on there. This implies the update has not been fully implemented.

A Factory reset will finish the Process. As a Rule of thumb, when you flash a Firmware if you are not asked to input the Language/Region at startup then you need to factory reset to complete the update.

After the Factory reset you WILL be asked for Language/Region.

TSD

Wink.gif

Autism_sig.png

Message 4 of 41 (18,868 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

ADO28 Needs to get one so he can do one of his cool Videos

thumbs up.gif1g072.gifthumbs up.gif

Message 5 of 41 (18,856 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
ado28

a couple of my mates have the Galaxy 2 and I was playing with one last night. I'm due an upgrade next week but i'm holding off as I'm not too keen on the Galaxy 2. I hope that the first quarter of 2012 will be rife for new fones :smileyindifferent:

For hints, tips and flashing guides, visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk
Message 6 of 41 (18,854 Views)
Montala

[ Edited ]

thesoupdragon wrote:

Hi Montala

After you flashed KH3 did you perform a Factory Data Reset?

Some Firmware upgrades don't perform a full wipe during installation leaving all your original stuff on there. This implies the update has not been fully implemented.

A Factory reset will finish the Process. As a Rule of thumb, when you flash a Firmware if you are not asked to input the Language/Region at startup then you need to factory reset to complete the update.

After the Factory reset you WILL be asked for Language/Region.

TSD

Hi TSD,

Thank you for another interesting reply.

In this case I didn't actually perform a full data reset after completing the flash process, although I usually do!

I did however check the details under 'Settings/About Phone' afterwards, which advises me that everything appears to be on version KH3, and also if I enter *#1234# it tells me the same.

Surely this is an indication that the update has in fact been fully implemented... or isn't it?

Mind you, as I said, if I enter *#272[imei]# it does show me as being on [VOD] with an option to change to XEU, which I thought a bit odd.

I was actually hoping to stay with a 'no wipe' option, but it looks as if I should really do a Factory Reset after all... oh, and before you mention it, everything is already fully backed up, and of course I do still have access to all the original 'stock' Vodafone ROMs anyway! :smileyhappy:

Thanks again for the time you spend answering my posts, and (as always!) I will await your further comments on this one! :smileywink:

'Montala'

Message 7 of 41 (18,822 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

Arrrrrr i'm sounding like Vodafone oppppppppps

Well to be onest i can not see anthing on the market other then the Moterola Atrix that balls me over, I was hoping the new HTC sensation would But NO!!!!!!

Message 8 of 41 (18,818 Views)
thesoupdragon

Montala wrote:

Hi TSD,

Thank you for another interesting reply.

In this case I didn't actually perform a full data reset after completing the flash process, although I usually do!

I did however check the details under 'Settings/About Phone' afterwards, which advises me that everything appears to be on version KH3, and also if I enter *#1234# it tells me the same.

Surely this is an indication that the update has in fact been fully implemented... or isn't it?

Mind you, as I said, if I enter *#272[imei]# it does show me as being on [VOD] with an option to change to XEU, which I thought a bit odd.

I was actually hoping to stay with a 'no wipe' option, but it looks as if I should really do a Factory Reset after all... oh, and before you mention it, everything is already fully backed up, and of course I do still have access to all the original 'stock' Vodafone ROMs anyway! :smileyhappy:

Thanks again for the time you spend answering my posts, and (as always!) I will await your further comments on this one! :smileywink:

'Montala'

Hi Montala,

I'm not sure if KH3 is a single file flash or not, (Not downloaded myself) but I have found the single file versions don't usually perform a full System Wipe, and this is why it is always recommended to Factory Reset before AND after!

I would be inclined to do the *#272*imei# and select XEU, press OK. This will do two things...

1st, implement the correct and full XEU sales Code.

2nd Performs a Full Factory Data Reset.

As mentioned in my last post, when the phone restarts you WILL be asked for Language/Region.

Keep plugging away! I find all this stuff fascinating, and feel free to ask anything! Better to ask than mess up your phone.

TSD

Wink.gif

Autism_sig.png

Message 9 of 41 (18,813 Views)
Montala

[ Edited ]

Hi TSD,

Yes, this one is a single flash file, and is actually the first one of this type I have used.

I cleared the cache beforehand, but didn't perform a factory reset at that time.

However I will now follow the procedure you suggest, and will report back again later.

I am not expecting to hit any problems, but I do have a jig to hand... just in case!  :smileywink:

Thanks again for your help! :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 41 (18,805 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
certifiedinsane

Hi,

Many thanks for posting this, exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers!!

Message 11 of 41 (18,556 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
jbnm65

Hi

If I flash XXKE4, will Kies then permit me to update to that latest available firmware (which seems to be I3)?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 41 (18,413 Views)
thesoupdragon

[ Edited ]

@jbnm65

Or you could use the above method to install I9100XXK13

Download the ROM HERE

if you need a password it should be...   samfirmware.com

Autism_sig.png

Message 13 of 41 (18,401 Views)
JDK1556

Hello there,

I'm after some advice if anyone can help.  I want to install MIUI ROM on my SGS 2.  I have rooted just now and am wondering which is the latest most stable version of the ROM? and where's best to download it from?

Also, Im currently on Vodafone stock 2.3.3 (pda BUKG2, phone BUKG1, CSC VODKE2)  Can i flash the 2.3.4 MIUI rom from 2.3.3 or do i need to upgrade first?  lastly, do i put the zip file for the MIUI rom on the internal or external sd for flashing?

Thanks in advance.

JDK.

Message 14 of 41 (17,856 Views)
thesoupdragon

hI JDK

One of my favourites is Galnet/MIUI Chameleon.

HERE

There is a Stable Version and a weekly version.

Also if you go into the Forum section there is a Guide to flashing.

Autism_sig.png

Message 15 of 41 (17,850 Views)
JDK1556

Thanks TSD,

Just flashed Galnet MIUI...bit different to the stock one hey?!  If i want to go back to the stock ROM do I just do this via odin in the usual way i.e download mode, select .tar file in PDA and go?

Thanks

JDK.

Message 16 of 41 (17,839 Views)
thesoupdragon

JDK1556 wrote:

Thanks TSD,

Just flashed Galnet MIUI...bit different to the stock one hey?!  If i want to go back to the stock ROM do I just do this via odin in the usual way i.e download mode, select .tar file in PDA and go?

Thanks

JDK.

Hi JDK

Yes thats the way, if you find it won't flash then use the EXT4 pit file and tick repartition as well.

Wink.gif

Autism_sig.png

Message 17 of 41 (17,836 Views)
JDK1556

HI TSD,

What's the EXT4 pit file? The file I downloaded only has 1 file with it which i put in the PDA box.  Seem to be stuck in a boot loop now though :-(

Could you provide a bit more detail for me.  Want to go back to 2.3.3 ideally XEU.

Cheers,

JDK.

Message 18 of 41 (17,826 Views)
JDK1556

further to my previous post, I think i've sorted it by doing a 3 file flash. Working OK now anyway on 2.3.4.

Cheers,
JDK
Message 19 of 41 (17,822 Views)
madhatter2426

Where can i get the current stock rom for Vodafone. Tried samfirmware, but maybe not looking in the correct place.
Message 20 of 41 (17,811 Views)