Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S3 MMS Issues

LFB1975
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a problem sending and receiving picture messages.  I have set up the MMS APN from settings that were sent to me by VF CS but its still not working.  When I do get one I see the picture breafley then I keep getting is message retrival failed about 3 times.

Any one else suffered from this problem.  Anyone know how to fix it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

b0yce
13: Advanced Member
Glad to hear it, can you please mark your post as the solved issue.

View solution in original position

43 REPLIES 43

Currently getting the "Service not activated on network" error message. just phoned CS who sent me the settings which have now been saved but still getting the same error.

Thanks b0yce I followed those instructions & it worked like a charm :smileyvery-happy:

jowetti
4: Newbie

Hi,

I can not recieve or send MMS I have had the settings sent to me via text but the phone still will not work.  I have full access to the internet.

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you read back in the post sending setting out will not fix this 

You need this turning on with in your ACCOUNT !!!!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jowetti,

As long as you've followed the instructions already advised in this thread, we'll be happy to check and see if your number has MMS activated on it. You'll need to email us directly which you can do by following the instructions I've sent to you via Private Message. You can find your PM inbox here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

I am having the same issues have checked with support and they couldnt see any reason why i couldnt send / recieve mms messages. tried all the settings suggested and still nothing. keep getting the "Service not activated on network".

Really upset as missed a dear friends scan picture

Please anyone help :smileyfrustrated:

Yep its turned off on your account 

Vodafone need to switch this on 

Hi there seven4774,

I've just replied to you here.

Cheers,

LeeH

I switched over to Vodafone after being with orange for 10 years. I purchased a s3 in July and have also had this problem ever since receiving the phone. First of all I havespent countless hours to technical support but them not having a clue what was wrong and then trying to fix it with changing settings etc but stillgot getting resolved. I have also been dealing with the local store in Duwhoa did must have explained the problem to every staff member in there and no one knowing how to fix this. 

They have tried everything from changing account settings, changing apn settings,providing a new sim card and have basically run out of ideas so have passed it onto the technical team. This was 3 weeks ago and I have still not heard back. Basically I have been absolutely discussed with the lack of customer service received, or not from employees and the manager within the store. They have basically washed their hands of the situation as they did not have an answer and I have pretty much lost and faith in the company and getting this resolved. 

I have tried everything on this thread and nothing seems to work. My Internet works but still no mms. Any suggestions before I smash the phone against the wall?

Gray

Hello Descoteaux,

I don't think smashing the phone against the wall is going to be a working solution. It would also be a very expensive thing to do.

I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

In the meantime, have you considered sending the pictures via email :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

LeeH