Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S3 - No Fault Found

AlistairDoe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Returned a S3 to Vodafone in York, the screen flickers and then loses the network.  The network returns in about 20 seconds and then the phone works for a couple of minutes and then the problem repeats itself.  The shop saw the problem and returned the phone to Vodafone for repair.

Phone comes back (to Aylesbury) and they've done a full software flash.  Great I thought - interesting how software flash can fix an apparent hardware fault.  So I switch it on, put in the SIM card and go through the intro sequence.  Guess what, the screen flickers, loses the network etc.  So the shop apologies and I ask how the repairer could miss the problem when it took me less than 2 minutes to show them in the shop.  When I check the Track you Repair system it shows 34 - No Fault Found.

So I ask the shop to get the repairer to phone me this time when they've got the phone to explain how they are fixing the fault.  Surprise surprise, they don't and the phone is now on its way back to me with a resolution code of: 34 No Fault Found.

I have zero confidence it will be fixed as I can show the fault in 2 minutes and they've only had it for 3 days.  

If the fault is still there, am I right in expecting a new replacement phone as the Repair Dept clearly have no ability or desire to fix the phone?

I'm interested in other's experinces of this and where I stand.  The other option is to ask Vodafone to cancel the remaining part of the contract, refund the last months bill and I'll go to a better company...

Thanks

A

4 REPLIES 4

froggerty
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You don't say how old the phone is, if it is under 12 months old you have the right to have a new replacement under the manufacturers warrantee and the shop. if you got it that way, are responsible in supplying you with another, take it back and reject it as unfit for purpose. If it is older than that, under consumer Law you have 6 years cover but you would need then to get a replacement through the manufacturer

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Forget Vodafone and take it to a Samsung repair centre. Usually they are at a Geek Squad inplant in Carphone Warehouse - you'll be able to show it to a real person and tell them what the problem is and get a much better service than Vodafone.

Also please be aware that the phone and the contract are not linked. You have to keep paying no matter what the state of the phone is.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

w3ndywoo
1: Seeker

I am having the same problem with my S3.  But as well as the flickering of the screen when connected to the internet it then freezes, drains my battery in seconds and shuts down.  Am now not sure what to do with it.  Totally disappointed that Vodafone online can not even talk to me themselves, with no contact online and I have to find my nearest store, 26 miles away and I have no transport to get there.

hrym

If you're having trouble contacting Vodafone, you could try going direct to Samsung, as long as the device is still within their warranty period.  They also do a mail-order service and you can find details under the Support tab on their UK website.

It's possible the problem is a dead battery.  If you take it out and place it ona flat surface, can you rock it?   If so, that's pretty conclusive.  If not, short life and quick recharging times are also indicators.  You can get replacements on the internet and, as long as you avoid the ridiculously cheap ones, you should be fine.