Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S3 - full data signal but can't get out to web

emmackr
3: Seeker

Hi folks,

Think I am but not sure I'm in the right forum!

Just wondering if anyone can help with my problem. Getting full "H+" but I'm not able to get out to pages, etc. at all. If I toggle to flight mode it fixes momentarily.I've checked APN settings and they seem to be correct. This only happened as of yesterday. WiFi works just fine, it is just when connected to mobile data.

Any ideas as to what I can do?

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

There have been some issues with data access on the network recently.   In my experience, that means that any of the indicators of a data connection (G, E, H or H+) disappear from the status bar.   See this thread.  I think it's safe to assume this is being worked on as a priority, but I haven't seen an update on it yet.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

hrym

OK, two things you can try.

1. Turn mobile data off in settings and then back on again.

2. Again in settings, choose an operator other than Vodafone, give it a bit and then switch back to Vodafone.  That''' re-register you on the network and may do the trick.

Does the problem occur in only one area, or everywhere?  If it's the former, it may be a network fault.

Maddock
6: Helper
6: Helper
Is your APN still pp.vodafone.com? To update add the source that vodafone can provide for you, and switch your APN back to wap.vodafone.com. If you haven't been sent the message about the source, I lost the message but I'd send it to you here when possible. 😄
Did I help you in a way? Then please click thanks button!!!!

Hey, 

Sorry for the historic bump but I forgot all about this as it resolved itself. I was about to post again and then realised I'd done it before! 

Problem has returned. Healthy looking data coverage but no connection whatsoever (sudden onset as well). It is happening in the same location (let's say a half mile radius - my office, flat and surrounding town) - at the moment that is everywhere as I haven't had the opportunity to test it further afield - but even a toggle to flight mode isn't restoring connection. 

APN looks to be correct (wap.vodafone) and I sadly can't access any other operators to try that out, just Vodafone. Really frustrating problem as I can't make sense of it at all. Wondering whether I will just need to bite the bullet and do a factory reset.

Thanks, 

Emma

hrym

There have been some issues with data access on the network recently.   In my experience, that means that any of the indicators of a data connection (G, E, H or H+) disappear from the status bar.   See this thread.  I think it's safe to assume this is being worked on as a priority, but I haven't seen an update on it yet.

emmackr
Awesome - thanks for this. I'll give it a try.

emmackr
Worked a treat. Thanks again!