cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S4 Lollipop update is terrible!!!!!

twins1984
3: Seeker

My phone battery life is terrible after my Lollipop update over a week ago... I've been a Samsung user since 4 generations and this must be one of the worts updates done to any of the Android phones I had.. I've used factory reset as always with big updates rollout. My phone now drains battery about 6 - 7 hours quicker than before! Android OS task is using 46% of the battery while screen is 12% and I use the phone a lot to txt and whats app! Also phone started crashing sometimes and freezing that only a restart fixes... I restart the phone at least once a day, That was not the case before update... Vodafone fix this or I demand a roll back to Kit Kat!

5 REPLIES 5

VeronicaMW
I have to agree! My GalaxyS4 has not received texts from other Mobiles since the update at the weekend. I've had two texts come through today from my dentist's automated text reminder service, and calls from mobiles come through ok, but no texts whatsoever. I can send texts ok and I know they're being received at the other end.

I have tried rebooting the phone and I've taken the SIM card and the battery out for a while and then put them back in and restarted. No joy whatsoever.

My account is not in arrears so can spmeone please tell me how to sort this really annoying issue out as I am paying for a service that I cannot fully use.

After some Googling, I have solved my problem! I searched for available networks and tried to register with another network, which obviously failed. I then reregistered with Vodafone and hey presto, a few seconds later, all my missing texts arrived! Reregistering must have pushed them through.
Thanks to an O2 support page for the helpful hint. Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.

That's a strange one! Never happened to me but I'm glad you got sorted :Smiling: 

That's one issue sorted...just wish stuff would stop crashing! Why fix things that ain't broke?!! :Winking_smiley:

twins1984

Hi Jenny

I have to say, I am really pleased with Vodafone Customer Service over the phone. In the two stores I have visited in Belfast, staff suggested that I should basically forgert about my screen problem as they will not fix it.. Well I've sent my phone away to your repair centre and received my phone back with a new screen! Unfortunately they did not fix my connectivity issue, but it happens so seldom that I will live with it. KUDOS to Vodafone Repair Centre Team!!!

Thanks!!!