Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy note 4

jtommo1979
4: Newbie

Anyone know what is going on with this? Been on webchat 3 times this week and been given 3 different answers! One of them said it would be on pre order this week which doesnt look likely, one said no pre order but going on sale 10th and the other said the same but the 17th. They dont have a clue! Only Vodafone and O2 who dont have it available for presale.

194 REPLIES 194

Martyness
Did any of you get a text message with shipping confirmation? Mine is due to arrive tomorrow but not heard anything from vodafone since placing the order on friday. Rest of my plan has changed but had to chase up for the free entertainment packages as they hadn't put them or the 3 months unlimited data onto my plan

mpw246pl
Note 4 now in Stock. I was able to obtain mine yesterday from. Kingston upon Thames Vodafone shop.. Vodafone shop said it came in to the store on Friday 17th. They also stated that Samsung hadn't funded any in house advertisement and so Vodafone wasn't going to do any themselves and so hence iPhone 6 still being plugged.

Removed...posted in error 

Removed

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@mpw246pl wrote:
Note 4 now in Stock. I was able to obtain mine yesterday. Vodafone shop said it came in to the store on Friday 17th. They also stated that Samsung hadn't funded any in house advertisement and so Vodafone wasn't going to do any themselves and so hence iPhone 6 still being plugged.

Mpw246pl - please stop spamming the boards.

PWIAC

I am experiencing the most bizarre fault with my Note 4. Is stuck in time!

At 2:36 PM today it rebooted itself, and now it doesn't matter what I do, it goes back to the state it was at that time.

There were a couple of pushed updates of built-in apps (the flipboard thing and yet another office viewer app) half an hour or so before, tried to revert those to the previous versions first (being built-in apps there is never an easy way to send them on their way forever) thinking those were the culprits... nope. Phone would still reboot itself and go back to how it was a 2:36 PM (eating any messages, call logs or anything that might have gotten through between reboots).

Tried unistalling apps that could be conflictive (GoSMS, Swiftkey etc...) phone would still soft-boot without warning and after the cycle the apps would be there again.

Tried restore factory settings from within the phone, it would reboot into recovery mode.

Select restore factory settings/wipe user data from the recovery mode menu, would still boot to the state it was @ 2:36 PM regardless of reporting the process as successful.

Tried a full restore using KIES, at the beginning of the restore process ODIN throws the following error: MMC: mmc_write fail, and we are back to 2:36 PM state again! is like groundhog day :Laughing_Face:

Unless a fellow forum member has a suggestion on something I can try this looks like a "return to Vodafone" case...

Well I ordered the Note 4 on Tuesday and was told was out of stock so would be next week for delivery but tracking is showing my order has been picked at warehouse since yesterday so i'm hoping a cheeky Sat delivery from DPD.

My first Note and first Phablet as they say, coming from an Xperia Z2 (which was my first Adroid Xperia) I really don't like it, previously had iPhone 4 & 5, Galaxy S3 and S4. Xperia software is terrible compared to what the Galaxy devices offer LCD panel is rubbish compared to AMOLED too. A lot of people complain about Touchwiz but personally I like it and how feature packed they are. An example of something I hate on the Xperia is when you play a film on a smart tv the phone is unusable, you cant even turn the screen off or the video stops playing.

I caved with the Xperia hype, forgive me Samsung.:smileylol:

It also surprises me the eforum doesn't have a dedicated section for the Note line up and how this thread is as small for such an amazing device. No one buying?

Anyone know where I can buy the official S-View case?

Wow, says in stock in 2 months !!

In other news my order has finally reached the delivery stage in tracking, however when I click track my order it shows me someone elses old tracking info from Vodafone.

"Your parcel has been delivered and signed for by CLARK at 12:44 on Mon 16 Jun 2014"

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@barryl85 – Please get in touch here so we can double check this for you.

Thanks,

Gemma