Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
ZoeandKev

Gettign fed up with this phone!

Right...where do i start.......

1) making a call usualy see's the call being cut off after about 1 minute...calling back directly after this is fine...no cut off's.

2) internet.......i very often cant get on the internet...i have only the arrow pointing up on my signal bar ( indicating its sending info, not receiving ) most of the time i have to re-start myphone...this solves it...but takes ages to find a signal!...even though im in a full strength signal area!....

3) lately, the android market has been playing up...error 101....no reason why...just doesnt let me do anything...cant download apps, cant update....seems to be once a week i get this...i have to clear EVERYTHING...all data , cache etc...then it might work.....then a few hours later i get a notification saying i have updates for my apps...then, and only then, can i update them, and download new apps...

4) seem to loose my bookmarks from the widget i have on one of my home screens...jut get the 'internet globe' icon...the rest have gone...i have to delete that widget, and replace it again before i can see my bookmarks...

Lovely phone, but getting rather peeved off with all the bugs in it...starting to think its not fir for purpouse!!!!

Message 1 of 7 (2,927 Views)
ZoeandKev

Re: Gettign fed up with this phone!

and before anyone says 'do a clean re-install of your phone'..............WHY SHOULD I HAVE TOO!!! smart phones seem to be too smart for there own good sometimes...they forget how to do what there asked to do.........WORK!!

Message 2 of 7 (2,926 Views)
Rank 27: Mentor I
_365_

Think you got it spot on here..."smart phones seem to be too smart for there own good sometimes...they forget how to do what there asked to do"  :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 7 (2,924 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
EddyOS

You shouldn't have to but it's the one thing that'll probably fix your problems...I'd do it without a second thought personally
HTC One X (S720e)
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
Message 4 of 7 (2,903 Views)
ZoeandKev

yeah, and have to go through all the rubbish of re-installing apps...loosing text messages etc.....saying that, i know how to store them to my google account...but it takes ages to backup and restore..a real inconvenience...how can it work fine for weeks, then have issues that it shouldnt have....Madness...
Message 5 of 7 (2,894 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi ZoeandKev

Thanks for your posts. I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

Unfortunately from time to time, technology doesn’t always work 100%. We’re actually quite lucky that a simple factory reset resolves many issues on phones. Most electronic products would need to be immediately sent away for repair if faults develop. That’s one great things about modern phones. I know its very inconvenient for you to have to do but if it resolves your issue I personally think its worth it. :smileyhappy:

Please let me know how you get on and we’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 7 (2,863 Views)
ZoeandKev

i also with the google app store wouldnt stop giving errors! i know its not VF fault, but its working fine one minute, then get constant error messages...cant update or download apps!!
Message 7 of 7 (2,730 Views)