Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Good deal?

Garry74
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Do the eform guys still offer better deals than online? I have had a quote to early terminate my old contract which would be covered by the trade in value of my old phone. I'm interested in the Sammy Alpha.

3 REPLIES 3

froggerty
16: Advanced member

I don't think there is a'trade in' facility on this Forum or a 'sales/wants' section. If you're asking if you can trade in your current phone for a new or 'better' one if the phone you're wanting does not come free with your new contract you can trade in your 'old' one in part exchange but, depending on the age, make, model and condition Vodafone will probably only give you around 25% or less than what it would be worth for you to sell it privateley or on an internet auction site. Trading in would have to take place in a Vodafone store. Also it might be worth noting to never sell your old phone to any of these Companies that advertise in the media, send for a bag, post it of and get ripped off, friend of mine sold one this way, was offered £120 for it, that was the quote, they said the phone was damaged, made a revised offer of £35 less £17 'handling and admin fees' so don't even consider that option!

Do some searching around to see what your old phone is actually worth by looking at the same model on auction sites, independent stores that sell PC 'S and phones will probably give you a better trade in price or you could just chuck it in the kitchen cupboard drawer as a spare and, if the one you want wasn't free on renewal of contract, pay the difference, the amount you'd have to pay will depend on the plan you'll be wanting. A phone's value will be better if you have all the original packaging and items that it came with when new.

drey_p

Hi there

If you would like a price for the Early Termination Fee, call 191.  If you would like a rough guide, it is the number of months of line rental remaining, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.

When it comes to the newer handsets, Vodafone tends not to negotiate on the prices you see online. So I don't think you will get a better deal than what you see online. 

As regards recycling of your mobile phone, Vodafone do offer Trade In. I would recommend that you look at the mobile phone recycling comparison sites in order to get the best price for yourself.  Don't be scared by what the previous poster has said - I've had no issues recycling my old handsets.  There are some places that won't reduce the price is there is cosmetic damage - the phone just has to work.  Also look at selling it privately although you aren't likely to get 4 times the value as suggested by the previous poster.

PWIAC

froggerty

The last paragraph of the above post is misleading a little, there is a big difference between 'recycling' and trading in a phone, the main difference being what you would be offered for it. Physical and cosmetic condition does have a very large affect on its value, no-one in the real world wants a scratched, scuffed and maked phone, this is the first thing anyone's going to look for and the offer price will be based on this. Look on eBay for the make and model phone you're thinking of 'trading' looking at 'completed listings' or 'sold items' for that phone, that will give you a better idea of the value of your phone more so than what anyone here can. Remember that if you sell it through an auction site you will have end fees deducted which will eat into it.