cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HOW TO STORE NEW APPS ON MEMORY CARD INSTEAD OF DEVICE STORAGE ON VODA SMART 4 POWER

Leetax
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

When attempting to download new apps to my new Vodafone Smart 4 power keep getting error:

>>Error while downloading "???". There is insufficient space on device.<<

I have plenty of space on my micro SD card but do not know how to direct the downloads straight to the memory card.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi there, some phones don't allow storage of apps on the external SD card. If you go into settings, apps, downloaded, then have a look to see if there is an option for move to SD card.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

This I found in the User Manual of Vodafone Smart 4

"Touch the application you want to move and then touch Move to SD card to move the entire application out of the phone's internal storage."

Have you tried that?

Seems like you have to install the App in the Main Memory before you can move to SD Card.

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

smart 4 power uses a MediaTek CPU, it should have in the settings (storage menu had options for default storage options on many MTK devices as i recall) 

In some cases Google play has options to place apps into the sdcard. Again unsure if this has changed as I've not used it for a while.

App2SD app may also help here,

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

hrym

Getafix's observations is correct ("Seems like you have to install the App in the Main Memory before you can move to SD Card.").

I've used a Smart 4 Power and I was very impressed by the way it integrates an sd card in to the main memory pool rather than just treat it as external storage.  It is also, I think, a standard feature of Android that apps install to main memory in the first instance, but can be moved later.  The Smart 4 does, though, start to put some app data on the card by itself.

So, move some of your exisiting apps to the card and you should be able to install more.   I must say I was also impressed by how many apps I could put on the device without it struggling in any way.

Finally, remember that, if you remove the sd card, you won't be able to use those apps.   The card may also be slower than internal mempry, so the apps to put there are probably ones you use least.