Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Have to call number twice to make call - Samsung S5

eldrep
4: Newbie

Hi, I have just upgraded to Android 5.0, and now when making calls, once I ring the number, the call fails immediately. I then ring back straight away and the call goes through.

This occurs on about 98% of the calls I make, and is most frustrating. 

Has as anyone else seen this problem, and if so, how was it resolved?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi Phil

Can I ask does this happen when in one location or everywhere?

Im thinking if in one particular location maybe a mast issue. 

Have you also performed a Factory Reset after your most recent firmware update which can help if a phone is glitching by removing redundant files. 

Do do create a back up beforehand to preserve your data. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply. This happens everywhere. I haven't done a factory reset. I assume I'll have to backup everything before hand. Will this clear everything off the phone, including contacts?

cheers

phil

BandOfBrothers

Hi Phil. 

You're welcome. 

A factory reset will take the phone back to the most recent firmware update, and will typically wipe the phone of all your saved data. 

A bit like how it came out of the box but with the most recent firmware you updated it to. 

Thats why the back up is crucial. 

If you use gMail your Contacts can be backed up in there too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

If your contacts and calendar are sync'd with Google, they'll come back when you sign in again.   Resetting will wipe the entire contents of the phone, so back up things like photos, music etc.  If you want to keep SMS and call logs, there are apps that can back those up too.   Game scores and the like are trickier, but you can sometimes preserve those by copying the entire folder, which may be a sub-folder of the Android one.

The other thing to remember is to remove your external sd card if you have one as the reset process sometimes wipes them, too.