05-01-2012 01:44 PM - edited 05-01-2012 01:45 PM
Like many of you on here I am extremely disappointed at Vodafone Customer Service. I had a call from a VF CS a couple of weeks ago to advise they were reducing my contract by 6 months (since I was such a good customer and paid them a lot of money!!!) and I could upgrade as of 1/1/12. I was extremely pleased with this and feeling all special lol (not realising this was a general early upgrade!).
Went online on 1st Jan to upgrade and had to pay £95 for the privilege! I thought "okay, I hope it's worth it!" Now been told it's out of stock.
This happened to me last year as well when I upgraded to the HTC Desire, I paid £95 and had to wait 3 weeks for it.
I now want to cancel my upgrade and pay off the rest of my contract if this is possible? Officially my contract ends on 30th April this year.
05-01-2012 02:12 PM
ROM: 3.14.401.31 (JRO03C)
HBOOT: 1.39.0000 | Recovery: Stock
Radio: 5.1204.162.29 | Kernel: Stock
05-01-2012 02:20 PM
Phone up the numpties at customer services, tell them to cancel the upgrade, once that is done hang up and call back (don't try to get the upgrade cancelled then pay off the contract on the same phone call, this seems to be too confusing for them)
When you call back just ask for the prices to pay off the remainder of the contract and pay it over the phone using a credit or debit card.
Thats what I done originally before I managed to get hold of a Nexus in store
Alternatively you can go into store, pay the line rental to get your contract down to the point you can upgrade in store, and get the phone from the shop, this is what I had to eventually do in the end
Hope this helps you out )
06-01-2012 10:38 AM
Thanks very much to both of you! I don't think 191 is actually working...it only gives me 4 options - pay a bill, lost/stolen phone, broadband, or return a new phone!
Think they know they're about to get a lot of complaints!
06-01-2012 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone, actually spoke over the messenger to an advisor who cancelled it without a problem and advised me how much I'd need to pay.
Just gonna wait until my upgrade ends