cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I retrieve deleted picture gallery?

Aphrodite
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yesterday I videoed the inside of my handbag by mistake. When I tried to delete said video I deleted the whole picture gallery. Is there any way of getting the pictures back?

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Unless your gallery was being synced with an online service or was backed up somewhere I don't believe that there is a way.

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid drey_p is right.  If you have important pictures that you really don't want to lose, there are data recovery services (not cheap) and there are also programs for pcs that will undelete from memory cards.  I don't know whether they'd work with your phone connected to a pc as external storage, but they might.  I think some allow you to find out whether they'll do the job before you have to register and pay for them.  There are undelete apps, but they all require a rooted phone, which you probably don't want to do.

If you want to try that, then don't use your phone as any more recent writes to storage will lessen the chances of recovery.

thesoupdragon

"Recuvva" from piriform is a free download and might recover your images, not tried it myself.

hrym

Although this is an old thread, that's a timely reminder.  Any new activity is likely to overwrite at least part of the deleted item/s.   Even installing undelete software, which is why it's best done from another device (eg a connected pc) if possible.

Masncterpper
1: Seeker

Although data loss from Android phone usually happened.From searching Google,you can also find a lot of  data recovery tool to help you find pictures .

In fact,when data lost,the useful way to stop use your android phone .In order data be overwritten., in this way , you can regain photos from your phone ,