Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IMPORT Contacts from iPhone 4 to Samsung Galaxy S3

davidbern11
4: Newbie

There maybe information on this but after some google searching and thread search on the eforum i couldnt see anything.

So i thought i would throw in my thoughts on how to achieve this.

It seemed quite tedious at first, a lot of people saying use gmail to export and import but theres actually a much simpler way of doing it.

On iTunes, backup your data and save onto your pc (not the iCloud).

Open Samsung Kies (their version of itunes). Connect your S3, and then make sure you are on Connected Device tab (your phone in left column). And then on main page which displays more options (like in itunes) click on Basic Summary. At the bottom of this page, your will see it says 'Transfer your BackUp data from Non-Samsung Device' - here you can choose either Apple or Nokia.

You'll then get to select your iPhone backup (kies will show your iphone backup as itunes always saves it in a default location).

You then get to choose what you and to transfer from your backup...the contacts, calender, videos, music etc!

Your contacts will be saved on your S3, under contacts setting 'Contacts to Display' > Phone.

JOB DONE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is simpler way. Google synchronisation was not working for me - to much hassle. The same with itunes or outlook synchronisation - you have to use cables etc..

On apple store I found free "My contacts backup" app. This free app backup 500 contacts and you can send them by e-mail to yourself.

next on S3 you are openning attached backup and restoring to your Samsung. I think that it is the easiest way.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

declanh
4: Newbie

Does this approach only end up with your contacts on the phone ?

If so I'd recommend going via the goolge contacts approach. If you do this they are automatically synced to your google account and you can edit them on the pc or the phone and it will sync both ways. ITs also handy if you ever need to change phones (on android) that all you need to do is associate it with your google email and it will automatically have all your contacts.

yes im sure google then provides an ideal backup 🙂

my issue was needing a gmail account to do it....i dont use gmail, so needed to setup an account to just to backup, and i wont even use it again!

But once doing it the method i suggested in first post, you have option to export to sim, export to samsung, gmail. maybe a few others too.

i love my galaxy s3 🙂

few bugs but sure will be sorted.

There is simpler way. Google synchronisation was not working for me - to much hassle. The same with itunes or outlook synchronisation - you have to use cables etc..

On apple store I found free "My contacts backup" app. This free app backup 500 contacts and you can send them by e-mail to yourself.

next on S3 you are openning attached backup and restoring to your Samsung. I think that it is the easiest way.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

There is now also this app available in the Play Store that is designed to transfer your contacts easily from your iPhone to the Galaxy SIII

PWIAC

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
All good suggestions but I always make the same point - do not use your phone of any make as the only place where you keep your contacts. You should sync the phone with either a programme on your computer such as Outlook or an online service such as iCloud or gmail. This is the same with the calendar. This makes sure that you always keep your precious data safe even if the phone is lost or stolen. You can access the data from the net even if you haven't got phone with you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

drey_p
I agree Jeffkinn and have multiple backups myself.

PWIAC

JSK73
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

Funny, I had an email from Samsung about this today.

They now propose to use this as a one stop shop.

http://easyphonesync.com/

Sometimes the simple answer is overlooked because it's technology that's complicated!

I would say that if you don't mind mixing your email address contacts with your phone contacts to go via Google sync.

If not, indeed, you can manually transfer your iphone contacts to your PC using:

http://www.copytrans.net/iphone-contacts.php

Then, manually drag/drop the contact entries to your G III phone.

Once the vCard files are transferred to your new phone storage, follow through these screens on your Galaxy:

s.png

All you need is Gmail account!

If you don't have one, try follow this guide:
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy