cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IMPORTANT CORRECT APN settings for Contract Internet and MMS. Look here.

Pangasius
4: Newbie

After setting up ICS on my Samsung Galaxy S2, the APNs needed to be re entered. After some trial and error the following now 100% work and thought I would share these with you. You will need to set up two APN’s as follows as the second will send your MMS but the first will receive.

This is based on contract and NOT Pay as you go ect. Please note case sensitive and must be exact.

Go to Settings – More –Mobile networks – Access Point Names and create the following (tap bottom left of your device). DON’T FORGET TO HIT SAVE once you have completed all fields by tapping bottom left of your device!!!!!

Name

Contract Internet

APN

Internet

Proxy

Not set

Username

web

Password

web

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://live.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms/

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

PAP and CHAP

APN type

Not set

APN protocol

IPv4

Bearer

Unspecified

The second you will need to send MMS. Again Go to Settings – More –Mobile networks – Access Point Names and create the following (tap bottom left of your device). DON’T FORGET TO HIT SAVE once you have completed all fields by tapping bottom left of your device!!!!!

Name

Vodafone MMS

APN

wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

wap

Password

wap

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS proxy

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

None

APN type

Not set

APN protocol

IPv4

Bearer

Unspecified

Dont forget you might have to re boot once done. I leave Contract Internet APN as default selected APN and all works fine and well.

Hope this helps somebody out there as there are many wrong settings out there that don’t work !!!

29 REPLIES 29

Not working on Galaxy s2 with ICS. Tried it on 2 vodafone contract galaxy s2's, won't work on either.

I dont have a seperate APN for mms I only use 1 APN. Try these settings if your havin probs (btw the default password is WEB)
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S2/MMS-settings/td-p/1152227

Batman.gif

Samsung Galaxy SII,

Android Version - 4.1.2

Build - JZO54K.I9100XWLSW

Baseband - I9100XXMS2

Kernel - 3.0.31-1211311dpi@DELL251 #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16 10:05:20 KST 2013

snivlag
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I just updated my S2 and all seemed to work fine until I tried to open a web browser.

I've got WIFI, can download apps, and send/receive messages etc. but the web browser simply won;t open.

I've tried all the APN settings that are suggested on the forum but nothing works.

When I first got the phone Vodafone sent the settings to me. Can this be done again?

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion

You can text WEB to 40127 to receive the APN settings direct to your phone.

You may need to perform a Factory Reset if the APN settings don't fix it?

What happens when you test WEB to 40127, should you get a text back with the settings or does it update any settings silently?

bullitz
12: Established
12: Established
@bryfly, Yeah u'll get a text and it will ask u to install configuration settings.

Batman.gif

Samsung Galaxy SII,

Android Version - 4.1.2

Build - JZO54K.I9100XWLSW

Baseband - I9100XXMS2

Kernel - 3.0.31-1211311dpi@DELL251 #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16 10:05:20 KST 2013

I have tried entering the APN info provided in this topic as well as downloading the auto settings via the number provided in this topic and neither are working for me (the configuration message won't even install, it says there was something wrong with the message)... My phone had the correct apn settings but somehow they dissappeared today. No update, no changes just gone....

My handset is running Android jellybean 4.1.2

I use a Sony Xperia S ( I've heard this handset is unsupported, that's why I used this very topic to provide the APN settings that I've been using without any problems for over a year now)

Please help!

Hi RichardPhillips34,

Make sure you select the coloured dot next to the APN you've created. If this is not selected, the APN will be in place but will not be activated.

Let us know how you get on with this, we may need to look at your account if this is unsuccessful.

Thanks,

Matt B

hrym

Just to clarify, if necessary: to get the coloured dot, press and hold and then select Default.  If config settings aren't installing, it sounds as though there's something wrong.   Have you updated the firmware and did you do a factory reset afterwards?  That operation solves most issues, but don't forget to back up your content first.

Hi there,

Is this also the correct settings for a windows phone?  I've been into the Vodafone shop and had about 1 hour of trying to get my Nokia Lumina 920 working, also 4 hours + of tech support on the phone, massive phone bill, and ever since I texted WEB to 40217 my text messaging has broken - I can send but not receive messages.  I have got some dummy Network access points set up, some say web, some say wasp.  Interestingly - my husbands SIM works just fine in my phone - and my SIM cannot receive texts in his phone.  IE my husbands SIM can receive texts in his phone, put his sim into my phone, my sim into his phone and I cannot receive texts, but can send, my phone is fully functional - Ta da?  Seems not ot be a phone fault - but now have had so much tweaking (one tech guy told me to stay on 2G only, another set up apns, another to completely delete my sums inbox, all threads, the first tech call told me to take my SIM out, with the phone on - and NOT to power cycle and then when my phone got no network - told me to take it into a Vodafone shop..... - thx).  For the record my husband's phone is also a Nokia Lumia 920, my texting has been not functional since Tuesday Aug 5th,,,, and wish I only had a 1 month contract! Unfortunately am tied in until April 2015 - am losing the will on this on......