cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IMPORTANT CORRECT APN settings for Contract Internet and MMS. Look here.

Pangasius
4: Newbie

After setting up ICS on my Samsung Galaxy S2, the APNs needed to be re entered. After some trial and error the following now 100% work and thought I would share these with you. You will need to set up two APN’s as follows as the second will send your MMS but the first will receive.

This is based on contract and NOT Pay as you go ect. Please note case sensitive and must be exact.

Go to Settings – More –Mobile networks – Access Point Names and create the following (tap bottom left of your device). DON’T FORGET TO HIT SAVE once you have completed all fields by tapping bottom left of your device!!!!!

Name

Contract Internet

APN

Internet

Proxy

Not set

Username

web

Password

web

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://live.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms/

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

PAP and CHAP

APN type

Not set

APN protocol

IPv4

Bearer

Unspecified

The second you will need to send MMS. Again Go to Settings – More –Mobile networks – Access Point Names and create the following (tap bottom left of your device). DON’T FORGET TO HIT SAVE once you have completed all fields by tapping bottom left of your device!!!!!

Name

Vodafone MMS

APN

wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

wap

Password

wap

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS proxy

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

None

APN type

Not set

APN protocol

IPv4

Bearer

Unspecified

Dont forget you might have to re boot once done. I leave Contract Internet APN as default selected APN and all works fine and well.

Hope this helps somebody out there as there are many wrong settings out there that don’t work !!!

29 REPLIES 29

@ snivlag Text WEB to 40127 to get ur settings sent to ur fone.

Batman.gif

Samsung Galaxy SII,

Android Version - 4.1.2

Build - JZO54K.I9100XWLSW

Baseband - I9100XXMS2

Kernel - 3.0.31-1211311dpi@DELL251 #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16 10:05:20 KST 2013

hahaha Soup u beat me to it :Smiling:

Batman.gif

Samsung Galaxy SII,

Android Version - 4.1.2

Build - JZO54K.I9100XWLSW

Baseband - I9100XXMS2

Kernel - 3.0.31-1211311dpi@DELL251 #3 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 16 10:05:20 KST 2013

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi there, there seems to be alot going on here.

What I would be tempted to do would be to reset the phone and start from scratch, get the phone back to as new state and start from there.

If the settings don't cone through automatically then try them manually.

Some were posted here which seem to have helped

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-services/APN-Help/m-p/2220149

Well, am trying to avod resetting my phone for a couple of reasons.... I'm assuming this is a hard reset - i.e. take the cover off (tricky on a Nokia Lumina 920) and take battery out.  Have done a couple of hold power button and volume down resets, which have not fixed the problem (this is a soft reset?).  The fact that my phone works with my husbands SIM in it would seem to suggest that it is not a phone issue?  The reason I'm trying to avoid disconnecting the battery is that taking the front cover off the Nokia Lumina is tricky and invalidates the warranty. You have to undo screws, take out SIM, unclip a flexi elect connector, make sure the cover buttons aren't jammed etc.  Not nice.  Have uploaded all the nice photos to the cloud though just in case...... and how do I save all my phone contacts before I even attmept this?  There doesn't seem to be an option 'save contacts to SIM with the Nokia Lumina 920...'

hrym

If you haven't got your contacts syncd with an online account, you really ought to be looking at that.   I have a Lumia 635 I'm experimenting with and it's pulled all my Google contacts in, though it doesn't like custom fields.   I think Microsoft expect you to have an outlook.com account.   Is there an option within contacts to export to a file (Android will do it to a vcard one)?   You can then upload this to a cloud account or simply email it to yourself.  If you lose your phone contacts, you can re-import from this.   Saving to the SIM will only give you a limited number of contacts (is it still 200?) and they'll also only be in the 14 characters + number format - no email or street addresses.

You certainly shouldn't be taking the phone apart.  If the approved reset methods don't work, it's a repair job.  Personally, I think this is either a SIM or an account issue.  I'd start with the latter, just to rule it out.  If that doesn't fix it, reply to Matt_B's message.

Thank you hrym.  Me thought account issue all along, despite quite a few calls stating everything was fine on the account side and they could find no problems.  Have replied to Matt. Also quite tricky on saving contacts.... I have an old Lumina 920 - which my daughter uses (I replaced the smashed screen with a 'genuine OEM part' ha ha - rubbish plasticky screen takes a while to respond hence the donation to my daughter and new puchase for me) - it is just a WiFi tool for her and I will do a Bluetooth pairing and use the 'transfer my data' app to old phone and it will be saved there.  I don't have a Microsoft account - so not keen to set another up.  All my stuff on the cloud now and contacts in old phone is same format - so should the worst happen I am now backed up.  Phew - been quite an upward curve this one - hopefully I'll remember some of the tricks....

63johnw
Sorry, didn't see the bit about your husbands sim.

Have you tried a new sim? Can you get to a Vodafone store? They would be able to supply and activate a new sim for you.

Ah - texts stopped working Tuesday eve 5th august 22.30, went into Vodafone store weds Aug 6th, new sim activated in my phone, but still texts not working, and I never received the 'new sim in phone' type of text.

Hi hockey131,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Matt, thank you for your response.  I had a long chat with RANA from the Vodafone tech team in India. At first she did try to get me to do the usual basic troubleshooting, but after perseverance from both sides she seemed to have come to the same conclusion as myself.  It wasn't anything to do with SIM or phone, but something fishy on the account side.  At 9.30 we rang off with her response saying she was going to email accounts requesting they sort the issue out and it should all be resolved within 24 hours.  Well come 11.30 today I was getting twitchy - still no text activity, but then hurrah - I have a fully functioning phone... I even sent an MMS in celebration.  Now that is something I haven;t been able to do since Feb 2014.  But the texts - not sure what I've missed in the last 9 days or so.  Funnily enough - I was asked by Rana if I had ever had my account suspended because of non-payment.  I pay and have always paid by direct debit and never had any payment issues, or notifications from Vodafone that my bills are not being paid.  I'm suspecting a mistake at Vodafone end on my account?  Yet to hear an explanation of how it is suddenly working.....