Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet Isn't Working On New Phone

joehallam
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I am on a monthly contract with a Samsung S3 contract which includes data. Everything was going swimmingly until I smashed it in my car door. I have bought a replacement phone which also has data capabilities which is a Cubot. The calls and messaging services are working on the new phone but it will not connect to the internet. In settings it says it is connected to vodafone, but I have no service or any indication there is a lack of service. I live in a 3G+ area so it should definitely be there. Any Suggestions?

Cheers

12 REPLIES 12

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi joehallam,

Thanks for posting.

That's not a phone we supply. Can you try another Vodafone SIM in the phone and see if that'll connect?

Thanks

Ian

63johnw
17: Community Champion

You could try texting web to 40127

or use this link Here to see if this works.

Edit sorry Ian replied as I was typing

hrym

It sounds as though the correct Access Points aren't set up on the phone.  There's been a suggestion that texting 40127 won't work on a handset unsupported by Vodafone, but you can also set them up manually.  Details are here: http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWS...

Hi Joe

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I'm in a similar predicament.

I accidently sat on my Samsung Galaxy S2 last weekend and broke the screen. I'm on a 12 month sim only contract using pay monthly as I didn't want to upgrade the S2.

Anyway as I managed to break the S2 I bought a Cubot GT72 as a replacement. It's a great little phone for the money. As soon as I put the sim in the phone it registered on the Vodafone network and I had a "G" come up on the top of the phone as my mobile data symbol. 

All seems fine with the phone. Voice, messaging and wifi all work great but I cannot get mobile data to work at all. I have a 250mb monthly limit but am currently able to take advantage of a 3 month data test drive if I can get mobile data working! The APN looks ok and all looks as it should in regards to the phone being connected to Vodafone and mobile data being switched on. I've tried texting "web" to  40127 but have had no reply. I've tried this twice so far.

If someone could point me in the direction of a link to the manual settings for the APN I'll give this a go first, but if anyone has a Cubot GT72 that has any advice that would be great too.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

hrym

I think this issue has come up with that phone before, and I belive the reason you can get the configuration details sent may be that it's not supported by Vodafone.  Bear in mind that config messages tend to arrive silently and sometimes need to be accessed via the notifications panel if you have one.  I think what I'd to in the circumstances is set up a new set of APNs manually using the link in my previous post, then make sure they're set as the default.

Hi Hyrm

Thanks very much for your help. I set up another APN manually, saved it and made it the default APN but still no luck unfortunately.

More head scratching me thinks!

Solved it!

By default the APN "Authentication type" was set to "Not set". As soon as I set it to "None" the interweb sprang into life!

:smileyhappy:

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Goochster,

That’s great, thanks for the update. :Smiling:

Gemma

scott_1
1: Seeker

i have also got a cubot gt72 on pay as you go and have tried all of the above and still cant get on the internet my calls and messages are fine could someone please help or send the right settings to the phone thanks