Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues with Samsung Galaxy S4 APNs

GJustG
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I received a Multimedia Message the other day and noticed that I was not able to download the content (tried both on 3G and Wifi). I then attempted to send myself a MMS but this also failed.

I then went on to check my APNs and noticed that a few settings were different to that specified online. I changed the settings but this still did not resolve my issue. I then decided to reset my APNs to default but unfortunately it just deleted any settings and will now no longer let me add an access point. Every time I attempt to add one, the phone states 'Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.'.

Therefore not only am I able to use MMS but I now also do not have 3G access!

Is anybody able to advise on this issue please?

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Try to get a configuration text sent through to your handset.  Text the word WEB  to 40127 and you should get that through in a few minutes. 

PWIAC

This didn't resolve my issue unfortunately. I send the text twice to no avail.

When I attempt to add a new APN manually I receive an error stating 'Unfortunately settings has stopped'.

I believe this is due to a bug within the Android KitKat 4.4.2 update which inadvertly Vodafone know nothing about.

To top it all off, I'm attempting to backup everything on my phone (Apps, media, contacts etc) but Kies keeps crashing when backing up call log!

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @GJustG

So we can help, get in touch with our Live help team.

Cheers,

Laura

Same issue here. Annoying. Texted WEDB as suggested. Nothing...

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You could also try taking the SIM out and putting it back again.   This sometimes prompts the device to pull the settings down.  You should see a notificatiion that you need to tap to install them.   If all else fails, it may be necessary to do a factory reset. 

If you're having problems with Kies, there are other ways of backing up.  I prefer the file-by-file method anyway and proprietary formats have a horrid tendency to become suddenly incompatible.

Your contacts and calendar should be sync'd with Google anyway.   You can copy photos, music etc by using a cable to connect to a pc.   Make sure you tell that to view the phone as mass storage so that you can treat it as an external driive.   If you want to keep SMS and call logs, there are apps that will hande that, but you'll need one that can use internal storage or and sd card if you have no data access due to the APN problem.   Copy the resulting file once it's been created.  When you reset, it's a good idea to remove the sd card if you have one as the process sometimes erases them.