Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MMS Service not activated on network

JimmyTH
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Express 2 and cannot get MMS working. I have checked APN settings on support site and contacted customer services who have also checked my settings. They say everything is correct and no problem on my account could be faulty sim. I have been back to shop twice and got new sim but still same problem. I get message "MMS service not activated on network".

I notice on internet there are many more Vodafone customers having same problem. Why can't Vodafone customer services sort this out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Can you access internet on your phone? From past experience the internet service (GPRS) also needs to be be activated both on the SIM card and installed on the device for MMS to send correctly.

Did you check the settings manually or have you tried to send them to the device via text (you can do this from thr Vodafone Settings page if you haven't already)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

redpages

Can you access internet on your phone? From past experience the internet service (GPRS) also needs to be be activated both on the SIM card and installed on the device for MMS to send correctly.

Did you check the settings manually or have you tried to send them to the device via text (you can do this from thr Vodafone Settings page if you haven't already)

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
As always Mms is turned off on your account no mater what you try this is off, it happens any time you makes changes to a account you need to get Vodafone to turn this on

Hi, 

I know this is an old thread, but I've just had this problem and managed to fix it.

If you have bought a Big Value Bundle, or some other package, it doesn't include any credit for MMS messages. The Bundle only gives you talk time, SMS messages and an internet allowance. You need actual £ credit in your account to send MMS messages.

Took me 2 days to work this out !!!

The error message 'Service not activated on network' is EXTREMELY misleading. Why not, 'no credit to send MMS'.

But it's Vodafone, what do you expect.

Hope this helps someone.

cheers