You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Memory Full Message on Galaxy Ace

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

yesterday I tried to download a couple of apps from android market but instead of downloading 2 or 3, the little download icon showed it was downlopading 10 at once!

Tried to stop it but something happened, like a crash and now my internal memory has go from around 99mb of/in use to 182mb with very little to none mb left!

I tried unistalling the apps that went heywire (the 10 or so) yet I cannot find them anywhere in memory. Not even in the unistall list, yet the memory reads full.

I unistalled a few apps on memory that I downloaded previously to lossen the collar but to no avail.

Since then, I have had nothing but my phone beeping with messages saying memory full and receiving text messages with cannot recieve message as memory full.

I already had the memory 2 micro card app but that only does so much, and none were available to move anyhow.

So where is all this memory gone, how do I get it back. Do I have to "factory set" the phone?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Help would be very grateful.

Message 1 of 5 (13,108 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III

Re: Memory Full Message on Galaxy Ace

Ummm strange one sometimes when you open the market it will start a update another app.

When you on about memory were are you reading this are you on about storage or the phones RAM

Yes Doing a factory reset will wipe any dodge apps, and when you log back into the market it will only update what is needed 

Message 2 of 5 (13,101 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi thanks for the reply. I am talking about storage. The apps, didn't seem dodgy as they were all reviewed (childrens education apps). I use Net Qin Antivirus on my android and all seems fine with no virus reproted when updated and scanned.

I would just like to know where all the data's gone?

To add to the mysery, I earlier received before the warning messages a message from Vodafone saying I have nearly used up all my 500mb data. I only restarted my monthly period last week (5th July). So I don;t know whats happened there. I didn't download that much and always turned off packet data when not in use.

Message 3 of 5 (13,097 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III

Using 500mb is easy Google maps,Youtube, facebook

Or a roge app i would start from scratch when turning your daa off you need to make sure 3g does not show.

Have a look in your myfiles and look at the internal storage if there is nothing there then it is possible it could be a Cache problem 

Message 4 of 5 (13,087 Views)

Thanks again.

I've already checked through "my files" and found nothing there. I thought it was a cache problem too.

Never mind, fresh re installation should do it ;-)

Message 5 of 5 (13,082 Views)
Announcements

Outlet

Save money on phones and tablets.

Vodafone Outlet offers fantastic deals on brand new devices from our clearance range, and great savings on Nearly New phones and tablets.

Nexus 6

Nexus 6

More space to explore

Buy now