Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message+

furnacehouse
4: Newbie

I have a problem with Message+ on a Galaxy S4 mini running 4.4.2

It works in SMS mode, but Chat mode does not work. Under Settings>Chat it perpetually states "Connecting to service" and never connects. I have confirmed my number and received the "Setup is complete" message.

I have disabled RCS and checked APN settings.

My S3 mini running 2.2.1 (I think) installs correctly.

Has anyone else got a problem using Message+ on a S4 mini?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear replacing the SIM hasn't resolved the issue either. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can look into this further for you.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the app?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Yup, tried installing, uninstalling, rebooting between each install/un-install. Even tried a factory reset. Has anyone actually got an S4 mini upon which Message+ is installed and working?

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi, is the person you are contacting using message+ as the chat function only works between message+ users.

Yup, we installed it on my wife and son's phone and it works fine, stating "Connected to service" under Settings>Chat settings

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse - This is an odd one, as it sounds like you’ve done everything correctly.

One further thing to try, is to delete and reinstall the app again - but this time, use mobile data to connect for the first time, rather than Wi-Fi.

@jenny

Thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled the app, rebooted, and reinstalled with WiFi disabled. Sadly the same result!

Any other suggestions?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse - Thanks for trying that and letting me know how you got on.

We’ll need to look into everything further, so I recommend you contact our Live Chat team as they can check your account.

@jenny

Thanks for that. I'll try to contact them through Live Chat and post back with the result so anyone else with the problem can get help.

@jenny

The Live Chat assistant believes a new SIM card could resolve the problem. My current card is quite old, so there may be some teccie but that is missing for Message+ to work. I'll pop into a store tomorrow and see if it resolves it.