Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message+

furnacehouse
4: Newbie

I have a problem with Message+ on a Galaxy S4 mini running 4.4.2

It works in SMS mode, but Chat mode does not work. Under Settings>Chat it perpetually states "Connecting to service" and never connects. I have confirmed my number and received the "Setup is complete" message.

I have disabled RCS and checked APN settings.

My S3 mini running 2.2.1 (I think) installs correctly.

Has anyone else got a problem using Message+ on a S4 mini?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear replacing the SIM hasn't resolved the issue either. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can look into this further for you.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

@furnacehouse

We’re unable to assist any further on the eForum, as we don’t have access to your account.

Please reply to the last email you received from us and let us know the reference number of the email.

WRT165 [#11664065]

@furnacehouse

Thank you. I can see your email in our queue.

We’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

No one has ever called me back about this. And now both my Suresignals have now packed up so I have no signal at home. I am not a happy Vodafone customer

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

It appears that the Suresignals are kaput. What about Message+? Is anyone going to sort this out? I'd really like it to work, especially now my Suresignals are broken.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Please go through the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread and provide the required information that Wayne requested. 

PWIAC

I have reported and discussed this with level 3 support. Both my Sure signals are pingable by your technicians but resolutely refuse to initiate. The power lights remain solid red, but the two white lights continue to flash together. I have performed a hard reset on both boxes.Support attempted to manually queue an initiation but it failed

drey_p

Not my technicians.... I am a customer like yourself.

What version of the SureSignal do you have? If it is a version 1 or 2, try a different power supply - this has solved some people's issues in the past. 

PWIAC

They are version 2s. I've tried different power supplies but no joy. One packed up about 3 weeks ago and the other about a week ago. Message+ and Call+ refuse to work for me (even though my handset works fine with my son's Vodafone SIM in it, so the problem appears to relate to my account) so I now have no ability to make or receive call or texts at home.