Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message+

furnacehouse
4: Newbie

I have a problem with Message+ on a Galaxy S4 mini running 4.4.2

It works in SMS mode, but Chat mode does not work. Under Settings>Chat it perpetually states "Connecting to service" and never connects. I have confirmed my number and received the "Setup is complete" message.

I have disabled RCS and checked APN settings.

My S3 mini running 2.2.1 (I think) installs correctly.

Has anyone else got a problem using Message+ on a S4 mini?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear replacing the SIM hasn't resolved the issue either. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can look into this further for you.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse

Keep us updated with how you get on :Smiling:

furnacehouse
4: Newbie

@jenny @sukhi
😮Sadly, the new shiny sim card made no difference. I have tried several reinstallations, rebooting at appropriate stages, turning off Wifi etc. Interestingly, when I try installing now (about the 5th try today) the setup does not require me to enter my number, and I do not receive a message saying "Setup was successful " Could this be an issue with my account?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry to hear replacing the SIM hasn't resolved the issue either. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can look into this further for you.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

@ChazzD

Thanks. I have submitted the form and will report back if a solution arises.

A brief update.

Having been passed around numerous email counterparties I ended up on the phone with a helpful lady who believed (as I do) that the problem lies in my account rather than software or hardware. A promised call from a technical expert did not occur so I am currently chasing them again.

Hmm

@furnacehouse

I'm sorry to hear this issue hasn't been resolved yet.

Please let me know the email reference you received after completing the form. It’ll look like this [#10000546] and I'll check we've got it.

Thanks @ericchester

Reference is [#11664065]

I chased the tech team on Friday and received the message "It's been escalated and they're looking into it"

I have heard nothing since :smileysad:

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@furnacehouse

Sorry to hear you've not yet received an update with regards to this. Have you tried to contact the Technical team again?

Please reply to our last email sent on 19 October and we'll be happy to chase this up for you.

Can you try to chase this up please?

On 19/10/2015 09:23, (Removed by Moderator) wrote:

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your email here,

I checked your details and we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter. The Technical Team will not be able to reply on this email, they are available over the call only. So please give us a convenient time to call you so that we can call and connect you to the Technical Team.

Also meanwhile I will suggest you to update the phone software to the latest one.

Thanks,

Ishan (Removed by Moderator)
Customer Service Agent (eForum)

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

On the odd chance someone else has this problem, Vodafone appear to have given up. They don't call me back when they say they will. In addition, I occasionally receive a text message asking me to enter a 4 digit verification code that I should have received in order to activate Message Plus. Needless to say, no code ever arrives.

Ho hum